• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    It wasn't that long ago I could buy a 550 pack of .22's for under $25 at Walmart. Haven't seen any for over a year. Every time I stop in and ask, I'm told they had some but all sold. Makes me wonder if the guy behind the counter calls his buddies soon as they are in.:) Anybody been able to get any lately? .22's that is.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    It wasn't that long ago I could buy a 550 pack of .22's for under $25 at Walmart. Haven't seen any for over a year. Every time I stop in and ask, I'm told they had some but all sold. Makes me wonder if the guy behind the counter calls his buddies soon as they are in.:) Anybody been able to get any lately? .22's that is.

First, welcome to the forum. Second, DSG has been the only place to have a really large stock lately that I am aware of. They had several pallets that lasted a few weeks at some stores about a month and a half ago. I believe they were 525 rounds for $25, but same idea.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Welcome to the forum. There's many threads about .22 ammo incl THIS , THIS and a whole bunch more. Take some time after an introduction and look around a little.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD

It's hit or miss, I've gone into Walmart and been able to get some but most of the time it's not there. Your best chance to get it is to be there around 8am on Saturday or Sunday morning. If you think you will get it at 6:30 on Tuesday afternoon you're never gonna find any.

But agreed with other poster go to dicks sporting goods. One in glen burnie has had 525 golden bullet for over s month and always in stock.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The hated Dick's is the best shot to find any .22lr locally. I did once luck into some .22WMR at a Wallys, but haven't actually seen any .22lr at one for about 2yrs. Supposedly they all get shipments , but unless you are retired or do shift work and can be at your local WM every day at the designated ammo stocking time , the odds are similar to Powerball.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Word is, that it's exactly as you suspect.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Some of the IP's have a good amount. Duffy's and Engage are 2 I know of. There are some online resources as well.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Once you newbies get 50 posts you will have access to the Ammo Spotting Thread in the Water Cooler Forum.

gunbot.net can scan for ammo deals. Some of their retailers are...less than mainstream recognizable names.

Some people have luck in Walmart, I haven't encoutered a box of .22 in any Walmart I've been in for the last 2 years. Same with Dicks, the 525 round boxes were, just like the big rockfish, there yesterday.

Deals from Cabellas get posted here. Midway, sends out their email notices after their stock is gone.

Last edited:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Probably, I would. :shrug:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    ....Makes me wonder if the guy behind the counter calls his buddies soon as they are in.:)....

It's even worse than that. I went into my local Wal Mart about a year ago and while walking up to sporting goods I saw several workers behind the counter selling ammo to each other and keeping it hidden in a locked drawer behind the counter. They said they had no .22 but they sold me some other ammo that wasn't in the display case. They have a lot more ammo now in their display case, but still no .22's.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    It's even worse than that. I went into my local Wal Mart about a year ago and while walking up to sporting goods I saw several workers behind the counter selling ammo to each other and keeping it hidden in a locked drawer behind the counter. They said they had no .22 but they sold me some other ammo that wasn't in the display case. They have a lot more ammo now in their display case, but still no .22's.

I was in Wally World tonight......... every week, same story. Ain't got none. They DO have a slot for the Win 333 boxes... 27 dollars and change. Every now and again we see it here such and such has it, I've bought a couple. Beats diarrhea. :shrug:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I was in Wally World tonight......... every week, same story. Ain't got none. They DO have a slot for the Win 333 boxes... 27 dollars and change. Every now and again we see it here such and such has it, I've bought a couple. Beats diarrhea. :shrug:

At that price, $.087 a round (after you add in tax), you can buy it from scalpers all day long on Armslist.

The main Walmart I go to for ammo, as a test, I went there every single day for 8 days straight. Got there by 7:15am. The deliveries arrive and/or are unloaded at night. The same girl stocked the ammo 6 out of those 8 days, and the other 2 days was another woman. There was not one round, not one box, of 22 LR, ever put out, but the "app" I got said the following week, that they had some 3 days prior...

When I asked the girl, she looked like a deer in the headlights, and at first denied ever "seeing" any, then changed the story to "sorry HON, it disappeared as soon as I put it out"....which was BS. :mad54:

Keep in mind that I was there every morning for over a week when she "supposedly" stocked ALL of the ammo, at least that is what she claimed...:tdown:

My 10/22 shoots the Golden Bullets as well as anything else, so I just finally gave up and bought a buttload off of Armslist. No more headaches...

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    At that price, $.087 a round (after you add in tax), you can buy it from scalpers all day long on Armslist.

The main Walmart I go to for ammo, as a test, I went there every single day for 8 days straight. Got there by 7:15am. The deliveries arrive and/or are unloaded at night. The same girl stocked the ammo 6 out of those 8 days, and the other 2 days was another woman. There was not one round, not one box, of 22 LR, ever put out, but the "app" I got said the following week, that they had some 3 days prior...

When I asked the girl, she looked like a deer in the headlights, and at first denied ever "seeing" any, then changed the story to "sorry HON, it disappeared as soon as I put it out"....which was BS. :mad54:

Keep in mind that I was there every morning for over a week when she "supposedly" stocked ALL of the ammo, at least that is what she claimed...:tdown:

My 10/22 shoots the Golden Bullets as well as anything else, so I just finally gave up and bought a buttload off of Armslist. No more headaches...

333 as in 333 rounds per box. Members here post links to mail order places that have them.... I have had better luck there then retail stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom