• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You are not on the outside looking in. You are in one of the chosen classes and already accepted into the circle. Sincere congratulations. But try not owning a business/business reason or using the carry valuables card. Then you can be an undeserving, unwashed, pariah like the rest of us.

Actually, if you called the command staff at LD you would get the same treatment as service as those of us that are "on the inside" as you put it.

Here is the contact info for Captain Stachurski:

His office number: 410-653-4500
    His e-mail: adam.stachurski@maryland.gov

The ball is in your court cupcake.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Actual, actual answer is a bit of both. There are clearly some examples of certain troopers taking personal offense to being challenged. Not professional offense but personal offense.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For the "pissyness" in the parking lot, it was the inconsistency from the board. They have no issue being overturned, it helps them to change how they do things and issue more permits.

Don't believe me, then call Captain Stachurski and ask him yourself, since my word lately doesn't seem to amount to much.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    For the "pissyness" in the parking lot, it was the inconsistency from the board. They have no issue being overturned, it helps them to change how they do things and issue more permits.

Don't believe me, then call Captain Stachurski and ask him yourself, since my word lately doesn't seem to amount to much.

I am not speaking about this most recent incident. I have spoken to the Captain numerous times about these and other issues. My earlier statement stands. There have been troopers in the LD that take being overturned or challenged personally. To say otherwise is not accurate.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    Ok fellas I'm new here and not clear on all the abbreviations nor am I clear on the process for obtaining a concealed permit to carry. I have just recently gotten my HQL card and am looking at purchasing a glock17 gen 4 to potentially be used for this purpose, that is if I ever am granted "permission" to carry concealed. Is there a spot that would help me learn all the technical jargon and explain the process to me?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Your frustration is directed at the wrong person. Boundless was instrumental in helping me navigate the hoops and hurdles to obtain a DC permit and he has helped many obtain their MD permits. He is definitely not one of the "I've got mine so I'm done" crowd.

Believe it or not there are many of us with permits who are fighting as hard as we can for all Marylanders to be able to carry for self defense if they choose.

I did not realize Boundless was a CC "how to obtain" trainer. But that does not matter. I don't feel any frustration or anything approaching a negative thought about him or his situation. I congratulate him and those that are able to wade the system. Sincerely.

I was just pointing out that from the Gov. on down nothing resembles "helpful and efficient" to many of us. The closest we get to helpful from the state is more like sympathy from the Chairman, Mr. Jurgena, his replacement, and the new guy (sorry I don't know his name either, just by voice thanks to Mark).

Thanks to you guys who do have permits for keeping in the fight for the rest of us. I honestly have no frustration, jealousy, or anything approaching negative in mind. Just appreciation. Thanks for the support and offers of help.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Ok fellas I'm new here and not clear on all the abbreviations nor am I clear on the process for obtaining a concealed permit to carry. I have just recently gotten my HQL card and am looking at purchasing a glock17 gen 4 to potentially be used for this purpose, that is if I ever am granted "permission" to carry concealed. Is there a spot that would help me learn all the technical jargon and explain the process to me?
    A lot to take in, but necessary.

http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Handgun_Permit

http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/...ard#Overview_and_Pictures_of_Meeting_Facility

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=175143&highlight=hprb+barracks

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011

LD = Maryland State Police Licensing Division (the people who vet applicants and issue permits)

HPRB = Handgun Permit Review Board ( a board appointed by the Governor and approved by the senate or general assembly to allow citizens who have been denied permits by the LD to have an appeal process before needing to go to court.)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am not speaking about this most recent incident. I have spoken to the Captain numerous times about these and other issues. My earlier statement stands. There have been troopers in the LD that take being overturned or challenged personally. To say otherwise is not accurate.

Some of it is probably human nature. Who among us does their job in the way that they think is correct and then is happy when some one or some board down the road tells you that you're completely wrong. I'll call them out - either Laswick is a good poker player or he really doesn't give a crap either way, it's just a thing to him. Sgt. Benell and the other Sgt. (didn't catch his name) take the news of an overturn like they just caught their wives with another man.

Of course the LD could stop a lot of this nonsense, and keep the good Sergeants' blood pressure in check, by not issuing permits with restrictions since they are not obligated to do so by law.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    well that was quite a bit to take in and I'm seeing more information now too. its not looking good though! I suppose I don't poses enough "reason" to obtain a permit at this time.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    well that was quite a bit to take in and I'm seeing more information now too. its not looking good though! I suppose I don't poses enough "reason" to obtain a permit at this time.

It's a really terrible system. What's worse is that one needs to obtain the training before applying -- not an inexpensive or brief process. Who wants to pay a few hundred dollars and take a 16-hour class only to get a denial for lack of a "good and substantial" reason? That said, it's not impossible and more are finding success nowadays than just a couple of years ago.

Check Maryland Shall Issue out and stay tuned.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

If time allows, come to one of the board meetings.
    Next one is August 16th, 2016 at 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I find the inconsistency to be particularly frustrating. A nurse gets a permit because she was assaulted. A surgeon is denied because he hasn't been attacked yet. Some applicants succeed because they're articulate. Others fail because oratory skill isn't their strong suit. Those of us denied may subsequenty learn another with the same story is approved. How is that disparity reconciled?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It's a really terrible system. What's worse is that one needs to obtain the training before applying -- not an inexpensive or brief process. Who wants to pay a few hundred dollars and take a 16-hour class only to get a denial for lack of a "good and substantial" reason? That said, it's not impossible and more are finding success nowadays than just a couple of years ago.

Check Maryland Shall Issue out and stay tuned.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

If time allows, come to one of the board meetings.
    Next one is August 16th, 2016 at 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132

Not that I approve of any restrictions other than to those that are prohibited, but the system could at least be improved by identifying the approved reasons and not allowing the SP to randomly make them up and change them on the fly.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I find the inconsistency to be particularly frustrating. A nurse gets a permit because she was assaulted. A surgeon is denied because he hasn't been attacked yet. Some applicants succeed because they're articulate. Others fail because oratory skill isn't their strong suit. Those of us denied may subsequenty learn another with the same story is approved. How is that disparity reconciled?

Absolutely!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It comes from the overly complicated and politicized MSP SOP's. Half the crap in there is not supported by the law, it's just made up from politicians pressure. Simply unwind years of Libtard influence and you can make huge progress without changing a single law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom