• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The Nagant revolvers were a sleeper for a long time at $100 or so. No other WWII pistol I can think of can be touched for that price. Now, they are creeping up like everything as supply dries up.

I don't think the price is bad if the import marks are minimal on them and shipping isn't horrible.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    The Nagant revolvers were a sleeper for a long time at $100 or so. No other WWII pistol I can think of can be touched for that price. Now, they are creeping up like everything as supply dries up.

I don't think the price is bad if the import marks are minimal on them and shipping isn't horrible.

I do think interest in the Nagant revolvers increased over the last couple of years. I think when I bought mine, it was $140 and came with accessories. I think the R guns pistols also come with holster and cleaning rod.

Rguns also has the surplus ammo spam cans. It is definitely gone up in price as well. They have the can of 1092 rounds for $390.
    http://www.rguns.net/ammo.shtml

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mount airy Walmart has a chit ton of steel case 54r, x39, 9mm tula and aluminum case 9mm. Gonna try some aluminum in the Star B

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Mount airy Walmart has a chit ton of steel case 54r, x39, 9mm tula and aluminum case 9mm. Gonna try some aluminum in the Star B

I bought some of the aluminum Federal 9mm to use in my CZ75. I probably won't get to it for a while, let us know how it does. Much cheaper than 9mm anyways, and I hope better thaan the Tula.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

Let me know how the aluminum stuff does. White Marsh Walmart had Tula steel 7.62x39, 7.62x54r and 9 Luger. Picked up a few of the 9mm for the Star B to see how it does. Shot the Star on Friday with some Freedom Munitions 115gr and had a hell of a time at first. Didn't feel like the rounds were setting in the mag right and it was hanging up. Got better as it got dirtier and shot the last two mags without issue.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    Let me know how the aluminum stuff does. White Marsh Walmart had Tula steel 7.62x39, 7.62x54r and 9 Luger. Picked up a few of the 9mm for the Star B to see how it does. Shot the Star on Friday with some Freedom Munitions 115gr and had a hell of a time at first. Didn't feel like the rounds were setting in the mag right and it was hanging up. Got better as it got dirtier and shot the last two mags without issue.
    When I took my Star B to the range I shot 50 rounds of Blazer brass through it. I only got 2 jams the entire time I shot it. Maybe I just got lucky with my Star B and Mags.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    When I took my Star B to the range I shot 50 rounds of Blazer brass through it. I only got 2 jams the entire time I shot it. Maybe I just got lucky with my Star B and Mags.

Two jams out of a box isn't particularly stellar. It's not terrible, but hardly what I'd want to depend upon. On the other hand, I've got one that does a lot worse with brass cased ammo.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    For those with Star B jams, I don't know how many rounds you are loading but with mine and my dad's, I found that loading just 5 produced little if no jams. I almost always had a feed issue when loading a full 8. After I got an after market new mag, I can load 8.
    I generally shoot 5 at a time anyway. It allows me to take a break between shooting and keeps the pace steady.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    For those with Star B jams, I don't know how many rounds you are loading but with mine and my dad's, I found that loading just 5 produced little if no jams. I almost always had a feed issue when loading a full 8. After I got an after market new mag, I can load 8.
    I generally shoot 5 at a time anyway. It allows me to take a break between shooting and keeps the pace steady.

Found the same thing to be true with mine.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Samco has cans of Yugo 7.62 x 39mm brass-cased ammo for $.299/round (corrosive/berdan primed). 1970s production on stripper clips for $143.52 for 480 or $323.68 for 1120. 1980s production loose for $125.58 for 420 or $364.14 for 1260.

very good prices for that stuff. Good SHTF stuff

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County

What after market mag are you using?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    For those with Star B jams, I don't know how many rounds you are loading but with mine and my dad's, I found that loading just 5 produced little if no jams. I almost always had a feed issue when loading a full 8.

Found the same thing to be true with mine.

Same here, but I can usually go up to 6-7 rounds with improved performance over trying a full 8. The biggest change, though, is using the TulAmmo with rougher steel cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom