• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    So of those three I know that used TS and OPM leak, all were active at the time, but one was about to retire and was initially denied. When he had the informal review with Licensing, he explained how retiring doesn't mean he mentally dumps the info that would place him in an assumed risk category. So my guess is you'd have a chance with an expired TS, but that would most likely need to go to the HPRB in my experience.

Good to know. I'll probably just wait for my TS to become active again before I apply, seems like I have better chances at that point.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So to be clear, it would be an actively used TS along with the OPM breach - correct? My expired TS and being involved in the OPM breach wouldn't help me?

I'll be getting my TS back shortly for a new position I'm taking in DC, so if this is all true then I look forward to getting my permit soon!
    Unless you like going to the HPRB I would wait until you have TS again. MSP thinks that G&S is like a light switch, turn it on with TS, turn it off without it.

I'll be over here waiting for my friend to tell me how wrong I am again...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Unless you like going to the HPRB I would wait until you have TS again. MSP thinks that G&S is like a light switch, turn it on with TS, turn it off without it.

Pffft, it isn't like terrorists don't have access to a database that tells them when you lose or get a clearance and besides, everything you know gets sucked out of your head when one gets taken away.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Pffft, it isn't like terrorists don't have access to a database that tells them when you lose or get a clearance and besides, everything you know gets sucked out of your head when one gets taken away.

Ed Zachary.

The same way business owners have G&S while they are on the clock but as soon as they go out to dinner with the family the light switch goes off so no disgruntled employee would ever go postal on them in that setting.

The really sad and disgusting part is that some if not all of the members of the LD actually believe this.

And with that I would like to say good afternoon to our MSP lurkers. Sgt Durkee and Bonell, Lt. Lacy, Sgt Pickel what's up fellas? :wave:

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    As of currently , TS plus OPM is still good to go directly w/ MSP . What has been evolving is MSP no longer gives credence to Secret . Secret plus OPM Plus a convincing account of general nature of duties is frequently persuasive to the HPRB .

Yeah, I’m looking at kind of an weird situation myself. Active clearance + OPM yes. Its my extra reasons that are a new wrinkle. A certain gov building got hacked in recent years by a totally different team claiming islamic extremist affiliations. They made a big propaganda release of what they got. They mostly just took some employee bio data from some conference write ups and they got an org chart and a whole internal phone/contact roster.

They posted ALL of this on their website and some other places. I wasn’t properly notified that I was affected originally but doing my own check I discovered I was.

Basically, my full name, a brief blurb on my military and work exp, where work, and my work email and work and home phone number (which is enough for anyone really to dox the rest of your public record data) is all straight up posted on an extremist website. Potentially my employee HR pic too.

So I’m thinking number one, that SHOULD be an obvious enough clear G&S right? I wouldn’t think that would need an argument but I don’t know.

Issue 2, I am wondering is that it may be hard to get someone to speak to MSP directly. I know neither the gov office nor the dod contractor is eager to talk openly about their data breach. I don’t even know if corporate would allow them to. HOWEVER I know the incident got some media coverage so thats still available as documented evidence I guess. Thats part of my own notification in fact. Newsweek I believe actually included screencaps of the propaganda statements in their press release and you can see my info clear as day.

Hoping that provides adequate documentation of the issue.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Issue 2, I am wondering is that it may be hard to get someone to speak to MSP directly. I know neither the gov office nor the dod contractor is eager to talk openly about their data breach. I don’t even know if corporate would allow them to. HOWEVER I know the incident got some media coverage so thats still available as documented evidence I guess. Thats part of my own notification in fact. Newsweek I believe actually included screencaps of the propaganda statements in their press release and you can see my info clear as day.

Hoping that provides adequate documentation of the issue.

Put in a FOIA for information on the data breach now.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Data Breaches have a shelf life too. If you've gone this long without meeting an Al Queda hit squad, well you know .....

"i'm required to have training before submitting the paperwork. i couldn't find anyone to train me based on my criteria for the permit until now."

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I wasn't deriding the actual risks , I was making tongue in cheek about MSP's attitudes .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom