• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Toks are fun guns, built like tanks and can be shipped to C &R holder in MD. I have a Romanian (8 rnd mag), but the Yugo and Polish are on my long list

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    The Zastava M70 series are modern versions of the Tok. The M57 is C&R, but as J&G shows, the M70 must ship to an 01 FFL and Classic doesn't list it under their C&R link.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I like it, but as others have noted, it's not a C&R. It's a new gun. That said, it's a Tok design, but made for the more easily-found (9x19, parabellum, 9mm, etc.). The 9mm caliber is probably the biggest draw. That's very attractive. The spare mag is a big plus, as is all-steel construction. Trying to get additional mags may be a challenge ... or not. Time will tell. Zastava makes pretty good stuff. $249 is a good price, but you have to factor in transfer costs, etc., that you wouldn't have with a C&R piece.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I have a Romanian (8 rnd mag), but the Yugo and Polish are on my long list

You might want to bump the Polish Radom up to your short list while really nice examples are still available. I've got Yugo, Romanian, and Pole versions (no Russian, yet), and like the Pole best of all. The Romanian is a close second.

I think that people are fascinated with the Yugo because it carries an extra round, and thus has a longer grip. That also makes mags harder to find, and the Yugos that I have, and have seen, are not quite as well-finished as the Poles, and have the worst trigger action (which can be fixed, but it's one more thing to do).

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a M57 with the 9mm conversion. But you maybe able to buy a Norinco 9mm Tok, I think Type 54 (?), then buy the 7.62x25 parts as you see fit if you'd like to convert. I like it, kinda like having 2 guns in one. It's much easier to find the 7.62 barrels,mags, and bushings online than buying a 7.62 gun and trying to convert to 9mm. Or buy the Zastave and buy the 7.62 parts off GB. The 9rd mags are a little pricier, but if I recall on mine, the 7.62 mags will load or feed the 9mm, just a little looser. I gotta get my old M57 out and play with it. Just my $.02

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    You might want to bump the Polish Radom up to your short list while really nice examples are still available. I've got Yugo, Romanian, and Pole versions (no Russian, yet), and like the Pole best of all. The Romanian is a close second.

I think that people are fascinated with the Yugo because it carries an extra round, and thus has a longer grip. That also makes mags harder to find, and the Yugos that I have, and have seen, are not quite as well-finished as the Poles, and have the worst trigger action (which can be fixed, but it's one more thing to do).

Agreed. SOG and Century both have like-new Polish versions available right now for the first time in a while. I got one from each place, both were in amazing shape.

The Yugo fits my hand MUCH better than the 8 round Tokarevs do. Even though it's not finished as well, they shoot great for me and I find myself reaching for the Yugo over the Polish even though the Polish is a well-made thing of beauty with a nice trigger.

Mags aren't hard to find anymore for the M57, now that they are importing a new version that takes the same mag. Wideners has them, for one.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Agreed. SOG and Century both have like-new Polish versions available right now for the first time in a while. I got one from each place, both were in amazing shape.

The Yugo fits my hand MUCH better than the 8 round Tokarevs do. Even though it's not finished as well, they shoot great for me and I find myself reaching for the Yugo over the Polish even though the Polish is a well-made thing of beauty with a nice trigger.

Mags aren't hard to find anymore for the M57, now that they are importing a new version that takes the same mag. Wideners has them, for one.

I haven't decided if I'm going to order a Romanian from J&G. It's hard to pass that up. Of course, a little auction antics got a hold of me last night, so that took a little from the kitty.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I haven't decided if I'm going to order a Romanian from J&G. It's hard to pass that up. Of course, a little auction antics got a hold of me last night, so that took a little from the kitty.

That happens. I have to stay away from the auctions. It's too easy NOT to stay away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom