• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    If so, what can you tell me about your shooting experiences with one?

Since I first saw Century was marketing new production Toks in 9x19 I was intrigued. I love my TT-33's and M57. But after awhile Toks get lonely in the safe and long for a sibling - especially one that eats common 9x19 ammo. :)

I've searched the threads here and done much internet due diligence on the pistol. It's not C&R but IS (to my surprise) on our "wonderful" MD handgun roster. For the price I know I can get delivered to my FFL for transfer an M70A would seemingly be a fun addition to my Tok family.

So, can you validate for me that moving forward on an M70A order is a good thing? Or tell me why my Toks or I wouldn't want one to join the family?

:shrug:

Attachments

• Three Toks Dsc00551.jpg
      Three Toks Dsc00551.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 329

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Nobody has any input? :shrug:

Oh well, too late. I just snagged one on a GB auction for a decent price. We'll see how it fits in with my other TT's once it arrives and I get it transferred.

:innocent0

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The deal is done:

I mailed my payment today and my FFL faxed his license to the seller. Auction pics below.

As many "transfer rodeos" as I've been to over the years I'm in no big hurry. The new toy will make its debut appearance at a Hooligan shoot in prob'ly a couple of weeks. Mooseman, I'll provide advance notice so you can be the guinea pig. Make sure you bring Hooli that day! :D

Marylandistan sucks, but we already know that. I'll actually get to use the 'effin HQL I've had since last October. No doubt there won't be a spent case with the pistola. Since it's a new handgun, my FFL and I will handle that additional MD inconvenience at my expense. :sad20:

The Zastava M70A is on the MD roster. It comes with two (MOM approved :puke:) 9 round mags and looks like a TOK. After reading a lot of reviews, my bet is it shoots 9mm as well as my other TOKs shoot 7.62x25.

We'll soon see.

:innocent0

Attachments

• pix308743694.jpg
      pix308743694.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 237
    • pix072039794.jpg
      pix072039794.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 235

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    is your FFL charging you $50 for the transfer? I've started figuring that cost into my "is it worth buying" calculations on less expensive guns.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    is your FFL charging you $50 for the transfer? I've started figuring that cost into my "is it worth buying" calculations on less expensive guns.

Of course there's a transfer fee involved, but < $50. Folks should always consider the total cost of an acquisition balanced with the desire to have a particular toy.

The M70A looks like it will be a fun addition:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Really interested.

How is the accuracy compared to original toks? That would be my only concern.

I can't say first hand. Based on what I've read accuracy is similar. Trigger is about the same too.

The tracking # for the one I bought tells me it should arrive at my FFL early next week. Stay tuned for a range report once the toy gets out of purgatory.

:)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Out of Purgatory!

As expected the new M70A did not include a fired case to appease MSP. Not to worry, my FFL could handle that. It was easy enough for he and me to empty a mag behind his shop and snag a case the day I did PPW. :innocent0

- The pistol? $220 + shipping
    - Transfer Fee? < $40
    - Having a terrific FFL with a shop in the mountains and a shooting range in the back? Priceless!

The Zastava seems to fit right in with its new siblings. Now I need to get to the range!

:)

Attachments

• DSC01677.jpg
      DSC01677.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 108
    • Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members