• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I saw one just the other day in my safe. Uses Sig 226 magazines, quad rail, buffer tube cover, upgraded front sight. Pretty sweet gun. Runs like a top.

(No, that was not helpful. Gonna sell it after I get my next 9mm SBR, though. Probably 2013.)

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I saw Mark at 2A sell a like new used one for $299 a few months ago. They are a pretty kewl little package but I agree not $500 worth of "kewl". They will be cheap again this time next year once people realize the country isn't going to implode simply because we have an election. :rolleyes:

I would like one that takes the Sig mags...

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I saw one just the other day in my safe. Uses Sig 226 magazines, quad rail, buffer tube cover, upgraded front sight. Pretty sweet gun. Runs like a top.

(No, that was not helpful. Gonna sell it after I get my next 9mm SBR, though. Probably 2013.)

I would really like to find one that uses 226 mags actually. I thought they only came in glock and beretta.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    If you get one that uses 226 mags rumor has it they also accept cz75 mags but I don't know the price difference between mags court filter want let me look up guns but does allow me on mds :)

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I got mine years ago from 2A, but I've seen them pop up there on occassion. To be quite honest, I'm not sure that they're even worth the $300 or so that I paid for mine. While they do have the cool factor, they are built pretty cheap. Believe it or not, I think that my HiPoint carbine is a much better buy, and seems to be made a bit better, IMO.

MH

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I found mine at 2A sales as well. I'm fairly sure 2A has them on order at all times and gets them when they get them. It's certainly worth a look. I've modified mine to use a red dot(on a quick detach so it can attach to the side of the rail and still fold), and threaded the barrel for the Osprey suppressor also found at 2A.

-Jim

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I found mine at 2A sales as well. I'm fairly sure 2A has them on order at all times and gets them when they get them. It's certainly worth a look. I've modified mine to use a red dot(on a quick detach so it can attach to the side of the rail and still fold), and threaded the barrel for the Osprey suppressor also found at 2A.

-Jim

Jim,

That sounds pretty cool with the red dot. Any pics that you can post?

MH

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Here is one of all my 9mm Glock magazine guns. The Sub2K makes the perfect companion carbine for me.

-Jim

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1337984968.478396.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1337984968.478396.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 129

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yeah 2A doesn't have any in stock. I'm about to give up on this gun unless they get cheaper.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah 2A doesn't have any in stock. I'm about to give up on this gun unless they get cheaper.
    No reason to give up, just be patient. That's the only real way to get a good price on almost any KelTec firearm worth owning. Their production doesn't remotely meet demand.

-Jim

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    No reason to give up, just be patient. That's the only real way to get a good price on almost any KelTec firearm worth owning. Their production doesn't remotely meet demand.

-Jim

Do they usually put out more batches now and then?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I saw Mark at 2A sell a like new used one for $299 a few months ago. They are a pretty kewl little package but I agree not $500 worth of "kewl". They will be cheap again this time next year once people realize the country isn't going to implode simply because we have an election. :rolleyes:

I would like one that takes the Sig mags...

I think he just sold one on GB for a bit over $500 recently.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    no offense to the OP but i just dont get whats up with the popularity of this thing imo its butt ugly and idk i guess its just me but i just dont like kel tec products aestetically and visually they just look like cheap junk( of course thats what most people said about glocks and look how that turned out )

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Do they usually put out more batches now and then?

As I understand it, they will tool up to build the guns and make a particular number of guns then switch out and tool up to make something else. So for high demand guns, like the Sub2k, you'll get an ebb and flow type of availability and a similar price wave where between batches the price rises, until the next batch is made and supply returns (however briefly that may be).

-Jim

ewrug

Mar 5, 2018
    I am registered with a company (supplier) online called Classic Firearms, just got a email today 3-5. Regarding the Kel tech 2000. Of course the company is located in NC state. Just a reference if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom