• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I am sure I won't be shooting farther than 50 yards with this AR.

i-RDhWk8Q-XL.jpg

Well why not?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Wouldn't lowering the front post achieve the same result, or will it bottom out at the other end? I don't know. I've never messed with AR standard iron sights much.

Yes. But, the advantage of lowering the rear drum, is now you have the numbers on the drum actually work. So you lower by three clicks, zero at 50 yards, and now the 300 meter setting and beyond will be true (some small error due to set up for a 14.5" barrel, but will be close). If you set the drum to 600 meters, it will be "minute of man"; all you had to do was zero at 50 yards.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Yes. But, the advantage of lowering the rear drum, is now you have the numbers on the drum actually work. So you lower by three clicks, zero at 50 yards, and now the 300 meter setting and beyond will be true (some small error due to set up for a 14.5" barrel, but will be close). If you set the drum to 600 meters, it will be "minute of man"; all you had to do was zero at 50 yards.

The better option than what I do, which is just adjust the front site post. I've just been too lazy to education myself on how to adjust the rear site to give me the additional clicks.

I seem to remember in my USMC days the 200 yd setting was 8/3 minus 2.

I really should educate myself on how to adjust the rear site...hopefully youtube hasn't taken down the videos yet lol.

DCutdSE

Rebel Scum
    Jan 2, 2009
    I just got a new Windham Weaponry HBC today. Are these ARs zeroed in from the factory? Anybody has experience with Winham?

They have good customer service and the rep I spoke with about free-floating their HBAR varmint rifle was a friendly guy who you could tell liked to chat about guns. They have a good warranty. I also find their email newsletters full of useful information from their gunsmith on how to modify a AR yourself.

Nice AR and enjoy!

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    They have good customer service and the rep I spoke with about free-floating their HBAR varmint rifle was a friendly guy who you could tell liked to chat about guns. They have a good warranty. I also find their email newsletters full of useful information from their gunsmith on how to modify a AR yourself.

Nice AR and enjoy!

I just read the manual that came with the AR last night and it was mentioned in there clearly on how to zero it. Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom