• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Flashlight suppressors are legal if ya pay yer tax stamp. As far as shouldering being illegal because it's a pistol, does that mean shooting a pistol backwards over your shoulder is illegal because that wasn't the original intent?

Good thought. Is there a document somehwre that outlines the legal definition of operational intent for any or all tools/instruments /weapons?

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Flashlight suppressors are legal if ya pay yer tax stamp. As far as shouldering being illegal because it's a pistol, does that mean shooting a pistol backwards over your shoulder is illegal because that wasn't the original intent?

According to their logic, if your glock ever touches your shoulder while firing it's now a SBR. If you follow the ATF's definition of a hand gun, it's meant to be fired with one hand only. Therefore, firing it with two hands also makes it a SBR (barrel is less than 16" after all). This opinion letter is obviously inconsistent with their past opinions on numerous other questions.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So we need to write letters asking about two handed pistol shooting. Save money by not needing an AFG or any any hand guard at all. Would having a hand guard be constructive intent? We need to know lol

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    She is intent on shouldering this here AR pistol. Call the popo, haul her off to jail :cop:

Attachments

• IMAG2203.jpg
      IMAG2203.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 311

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    Also NO SBR stamps being approved in MD at this point. Please dont start the thread on Trusts, or what might be next, or send letters asking too much, it gives ideas. Just my opinion.

x1000. Many thanks to all the loud mouths across the country that sent letters, called, emailed, smoke signals over and over again. The libiots now know how to block everything. THEY will send letters, call, email, send smoke signals to force decisions. Shutting TFU is what "really" smart people do.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The amount of "I told you so" that I'd like to issue is epic. Anyone want to tell me I was right and they were wrong, or do I need to start quoting people? :D

That said, people are deluding themselves if they think "opsec" would have made this outcome preventable. You cannot have "opsec" with thousands and thousands of people shooting this thing publicly, posting YouTube video and blog pictures, and otherwise advertising their true intentions on how they want to use it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No worries, mates. Not a recall. Great accessory to possess and use freely. Still think they will be in short supply soon.

I posted this a couple nights ago but the two-handed hand-wringing continues as people look for a "shoulder" to cry on.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/119_AR15_Parts___Used___Lower_Receiver.html

Yeah, no one was buying them as shoulder stocks alright. :-P

Couldn't have said it better myself. Buying opportunity on Aisle AR15com.

Last edited:

Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    A lefty shooting a right handed rifle would fall under this new ruling. As would anyone shooting a pistol with 2 hands as by ATFs own rules pistols are designed to be fired one handed. This shouldn't hold up to review.

I didn't need to read that!! I don't think it would hold up either.
    Guess I need to rethink the config for the other lower that I have.
    :mad54:

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Per that letter you would be committing a crime, practically enforceable or not.

Like cheating only if you get caught. I do not have to worry bout it regardless as I do not have an AR pistol to use the brace with but let's be real here people are gonna do it regardless and its not really a law but an interpretation by an agency not a bill based in congress. This is our modern day tea party no taxation without representation. So instead of pouring tea we buy the braces and use them as how we see fit.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Like cheating only if you get caught. I do not have to worry bout it regardless as I do not have an AR pistol to use the brace with but let's be real here people are gonna do it regardless and its not really a law but an interpretation by an agency not a bill based in congress. This is our modern day tea party no taxation without representation. So instead of pouring tea we buy the braces and use them as how we see fit.
    In real life, people are ultra-paranoid about making illegal SBRs. I see a lot of tough talk and a lot of frightened people who aren't going to back it up with action.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Might I suggest updating your avatar.

We lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom