• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Something Billymx48 brought up that I never thought about...the 27 is a blue label. I know there was an article on here about a guy getting in trouble for buying a blue label gun and then selling/transferring it to his uncle. Both of us work for the same employer and are considered LEOs, so its not like he bought it just so he could pass on the savings since we're both eligible for blue label. Is there a time frame after purchasing a blue label gun until one can sell it?
    It's about intent. In the case you reference the gun was intended to be straw purchase from the get go. Way different than a guy deciding he wants to sell his gun. You are fine.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Something Billymx48 brought up that I never thought about...the 27 is a blue label. I know there was an article on here about a guy getting in trouble for buying a blue label gun and then selling/transferring it to his uncle. Both of us work for the same employer and are considered LEOs, so its not like he bought it just so he could pass on the savings since we're both eligible for blue label. Is there a time frame after purchasing a blue label gun until one can sell it?

It's about intent. In the case you reference the gun was intended to be straw purchase from the get go. Way different than a guy deciding he wants to sell his gun. You are fine.

Yep... He bought it to save his uncle money on the purchase. He never intended to keep the pistol for himself. The fact that it was a "Blue Label" Glock... had absolutely nothing to do with the trouble he found himself in.

• One may buy a firearm... and one may later sell said firearm... Or give the firearm away as a gift.

• One may NOT buy a firearm as a straw purchaser for another person.

It's a fine distinction... but easy to avoid.
    • Don't buy any firearm "for someone else who would not otherwise be able to buy that firearm" for ANY reason.

That would be "making a straw purchase" which is against Federal law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom