• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    So I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get going on some NFA paperwork. I'm gonna pick up a YHM SS .308 can so I can use it on basically all of my rifles. I was thinking about starting a trust but am going to hold off and go through my local CLEO. Now, which form would this go on? Form 1 or form 4? and what other steps beside the fingerprints, CLEO signature and photo ID do I need to complete before I send it off to the BATFE?
    One other thing, anybody have a good source for sub-sonic ammo......:innocent0

Thanks,

Kevin

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The dealer will help you do the form. It will be a form 4 (In duplicate).

Youll need state and federal fingerprint cards, passport photos and have it signed off by your CLEO, once thats done you mail to to BATFE with a $200 check. Once it clears they send it to the dealer holding the can, they will call you once it shows up for pickup.

The individual route (Non Trust) is a pain in the ass and takes longer usually.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Do a trust, especially if you have kids or a spouse you would like let use the suppressor.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Good choice. I've got one and I'm very happy with it. The only downside is the weight, but this thing is built like a freaking tank and every bit as quiet as the 7.62-SD-N6.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Good choice. I've got one and I'm very happy with it. The only downside is the weight, but this thing is built like a freaking tank and every bit as quiet as the 7.62-SD-N6.

You know what else is subsonic? Being able to use your suppressor as a club. :innocent0

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Do a trust, especially if you have kids or a spouse you would like let use the suppressor.
    After seeing the legal issues involved with NFA items, I personally think it's almost irresponsible to NOT put them in a trust if you've got a family.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

WIN!:thumbsup:

Im glad you said that because Im sick of arguing with canboys saying the AAC and Gemtechs are uber quiet and the YHM is insufficient.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it another $200 tax stamp to have the first NFA (non trust) item transferred to the trust since it is seen as a change of hands?

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Well, I've been talked into starting a trust. I've heard it's an easier process and I can use it for multiple NFA items. Thanks for everyone's input!! Hopefully I don't become addicted to this NFA stuff.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Well, I've been talked into starting a trust. I've heard it's an easier process and I can use it for multiple NFA items. Thanks for everyone's input!! Hopefully I don't become addicted to this NFA stuff.

Hahaha, kiss all your savings good bye. NFA is extremely addictive !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom