• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    Please chalk Delegate Wood up for support of the 2A fight.

Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning the various bills dealing with fire-arms before the Maryland General Assembly this legislative session. I also wish to apologize for my delay in responding to you as my office has been inundated with thousands of e-mails from all over the state and country. As I have but one staff person in my Annapolis office, it is a monumental task to just open and respond to each one in addition to handling other legislative duties.

I have always supported and will defend the Second Amendment. Citizens should be entitled to defend themselves, their families and property should the need arise. You may be assured that I share your concerns over the rush to enact legislation that would affect law-abiding citizens and do nothing to deter those who are intent on using fire arms to commit crimes. We must use common sense. Far too much focus has been put on the weapon and not on the individual who is pulling the trigger. More focus should be on mental health programs to provide services to those in need.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this issue with me. I can assure you that should this legislation pass favorably out of committee, I will be voting in opposition to it on the House floor.

Sincerely,

Delegate John F. Wood, Jr.
    District 29-A, St. Mary’s and Charles Counties

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom