• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Gunrunners in Frederick is now receiving "not disapproved" apps from about mid April according to the owner, who I spoke with earlier today. He also told me the MSP is sitting on approved apps for up to 2 weeks before faxing them out. I have a gun in his shop that the app went in on April 24th, come Monday that will be 102 freaking days!! I'm going to attempt to reach Ms. Brock @ MSP on Monday and see what's going on with my app, I will be polite, and hopefully I'll get some answers. This situation is just utterly retarded.:sad20:

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    Gunrunners in Frederick is now receiving "not disapproved" apps from about mid April according to the owner, who I spoke with earlier today. He also told me the MSP is sitting on approved apps for up to 2 weeks before faxing them out. I have a gun in his shop that the app went in on April 24th, come Monday that will be 102 freaking days!! I'm going to attempt to reach Ms. Brock @ MSP on Monday and see what's going on with my app, I will be polite, and hopefully I'll get some answers. This situation is just utterly retarded.:sad20:

@gunrunners, my wife's app is 4/26 and mine 4/30. Really annoying it is taking this long...

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    The guys at Gun Runners seem nice enough...kind of a hang out and talk guns kinda place, which is very cool....

But the way they've decided to handle this situation by not releasing on time is not something I can over look. Once I get my pistol in. Oct/Nov (at this rate) I won't deal with them again.

Too many FFLs doing it the right way.

Which begs the question...Don't FFLs talk to each other?

If I was Bob at GR, and started to see many, many other FFLs releasing on time, with waivers, or anything but waiting until MSP actually returned your paperwork, and I had a boat load of guns taking up god knows how much space in that small shop, I'd be making some phone calls trying to figure out what those other FFLs know that I don't.

In Bob's case I'd be asking how those releasing are filling out the ATF paperwork w/o NICS and run it through my lawyer or have his lawyer talk to the releasing FFL's attorney.

It's in everybodies best interest to get this taken care of.

I must be missing some huge piece, like FFLs dont like to help each other, because it doesn't seem that hard.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    What gets me is that every time I go in there, Fred especially gives you some tidbit of hope like, "yeh, Bob wants to start getting rid of this stuff, believe me.." Or, some other chatter that in a week or two things will change. I was in there last Saturday and obvious noobs were still buying handguns. I kept quiet and didn't say anything about going to a releasing FFL. I figure when all of this is done with, I will forget and forgive. I am only like 3 mins away from GR and like someone else said, it's a gun place to hang out. Fred said he is moving to Florida, so he won't be there to chat with. My app is 5/25.:o

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    The guys at Gun Runners seem nice enough...kind of a hang out and talk guns kinda place, which is very cool....

But the way they've decided to handle this situation by not releasing on time is not something I can over look. Once I get my pistol in. Oct/Nov (at this rate) I won't deal with them again.

Too many FFLs doing it the right way.

Which begs the question...Don't FFLs talk to each other?

If I was Bob at GR, and started to see many, many other FFLs releasing on time, with waivers, or anything but waiting until MSP actually returned your paperwork, and I had a boat load of guns taking up god knows how much space in that small shop, I'd be making some phone calls trying to figure out what those other FFLs know that I don't.

In Bob's case I'd be asking how those releasing are filling out the ATF paperwork w/o NICS and run it through my lawyer or have his lawyer talk to the releasing FFL's attorney.

It's in everybodies best interest to get this taken care of.

I must be missing some huge piece, like FFLs dont like to help each other, because it doesn't seem that hard.

Some FFL's live in their own world, a world that hasn't changed in 20+ years. On time release was never an issue so they never 'needed' to understand the bureaucracy of the paperwork, only to fill it out by the numbers. They learned by rote, not by understanding how the forms worked.

My FFL said a couple times that it was the info on these threads and my willingness to compile that info (with sources and dates) that swung him over to on time releases.

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    What gets me is that every time I go in there, Fred especially gives you some tidbit of hope like, "yeh, Bob wants to start getting rid of this stuff, believe me.." Or, some other chatter that in a week or two things will change. I was in there last Saturday and obvious noobs were still buying handguns. I kept quiet and didn't say anything about going to a releasing FFL. I figure when all of this is done with, I will forget and forgive. I am only like 3 mins away from GR and like someone else said, it's a gun place to hang out. Fred said he is moving to Florida, so he won't be there to chat with. My app is 5/25.:o

I think you should get a job there after Fred leaves and square Bob away with this mess....win, win. :party29::party29::D:D

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    I called GC and asked about my purchase, told them my buy date was 5/29 and I've had a previous ND with them before, they let me pick up my AR.
    ar.jpg

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Some FFL's live in their own world, a world that hasn't changed in 20+ years. On time release was never an issue so they never 'needed' to understand the bureaucracy of the paperwork, only to fill it out by the numbers. They learned by rote, not by understanding how the forms worked.
    QUOTE]

Do you know Bob? He's smarter than most anyone I've met. Trust me, he understands how the forms work, in fact, he understands them a lot better than a lot of the people spouting off on the boards. I have a pile of stuff sitting in his shop right now, and believe me, I want it NOW, but it's his call and I respect him for doing what he thinks is right, even if I disagree with him.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Did All Pawn change their name? All locations are now listed as "Best Pawn." No matter. I will STILL never patronize them again, no matter the new/old name.

84 days and counting...

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    Xlander,

Not trying to start an argument and with all due respect to Bob, since many, many other FFL's are releasing on time, what does he know about the paperwork that's keeping him from releasing in kind?

Of course you and Bob are right in that it's ultimately his call, but he's doing it for a reason. What is his reason other than his NRA lawyer is telling him it's the legally right thing to do?

How can so many other FFL's be releasing on time if it's wrong? There are many FFLs who have been around for a very long time...longer than Bob that are releasing on time, with waivers, etc...

I'd respect him a lot more if what he was doing was really right, but thinking you're right and sticking to your decision and knowing you're right are two different things.

All the forum chatter has nothing to do with the criticism or at least mine. Mine is from the fact that so many other FFLs are releasing and IMO been releasing for long enough now that the perceived fear of having ones FFL pulled, or worse, is misplaced.

Are they all wrong? Maybe they are. Maybe the ATF will pull ultimately all of their FFLs for releasing without a NICS#.

I don’t think it will, but what do I know.

Again I'm not trying to argue, but just looking at the facts of what's going on around MD. And of course this doesn't just apply to GunRunners but every other FFL that is not releasing on time.

I guess time will tell on who is ultimately right. Until then the wait continues for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom