• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The 30 slots we originally planned for this match are now full with a week left before the match. However, I've just opened up slots for an additional 6 shooters. If you're interested in shooting with us, we'd love to have you.

If you're curious about what IDPA looks like, we'd love to have you, too. You're welcome to shadow one of our squads as they make their way through the stages. Just please remember to bring your eye & ear protection. If you don't have any, let me (the match director) know before the match & we can probably help you out.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I may come watch for the experience. I have to start somewhere.
    Excellent! If you make it, please introduce yourself. I'm the match director & will be moving between all the squads as they shoot! One of the better ways to experience IDPA as a non-shooter is to get with one of the squads, introduce yourself to the safety officer, (or find me & introduce you) & ask if he's okay with you shadowing his squad, helping paste targets, etc. You'll end up feeling like one of the guys by the end of the match, making a few new friends, & ready to get your kit together & register for the next match!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If the SO doesn't mind, tag along with our squad. I'll show you everything I don't know....
    This is just about the best way to get to know IDPA. Most SO's aren't going to mind someone tagging along, especially if they serve as a squad member, helping paste targets, keep the squad moving, etc. This is also the best way to feel what it's like to be part of the squad instead of "who's that weird person following us around?"

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Come via the north side/Reich's Ford Road to Reels Mill Road. If your GPS is directing you to come via the south side/355 or Ball Road to get to Reels Mill Road, there's a bridge on that side that's out (over Bush Creek) and you'll have a good 20-30 minute delay trying to get over to the other side.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Great opportunity, I will try to be there by 10 am, I'm guessing.
    I'd actually say closer to noon if you want to catch the noon-2 match, or there's another group kicking off at 2 that will go until about 4.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Come via the north side/Reich's Ford Road to Reels Mill Road. If your GPS is directing you to come via the south side/355 or Ball Road to get to Reels Mill Road, there's a bridge on that side that's out (over Bush Creek) and you'll have a good 20-30 minute delay trying to get over to the other side.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dammit.. that was the short way from the house...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    We did this for a Thurmont match and it was good to be able to locate the MDS members at a specific match.

In addition to what Stoveman's already posted above,

Currently....
    Fidelity is squad 2, position 3
    Woodstock is Squad 2, position 6
    bm3r is squad 4, position 4
    CharlieFoxtrot is squad 6, position 1

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I actually have tomorrow free (wife and kids are out of town) and I've been interested in looking at IDPA. Since this starts a little later, what would be a good time to show up for a newbie wanting to watch and learn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I actually have tomorrow free (wife and kids are out of town) and I've been interested in looking at IDPA. Since this starts a little later, what would be a good time to show up for a newbie wanting to watch and learn?

We'll be shooting from noon until about 4. You're welcome to come & watch at any time. I'm Troy, the match director, & will be wandering around, so come find me when you there & I'll try to show you around.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    We'll be shooting from noon until about 4. You're welcome to come & watch at any time. I'm Troy, the match director, & will be wandering around, so come find me when you there & I'll try to show you around.

Thank you, I'll be sure to find you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom