• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well MyUPS account caught it so it's on the way. Need to work up the reloads.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I don't recall. Does Samco send you out a tracking number when shipping?
    uPS or FedEx?

Well MyUPS account caught it so it's on the way. Need to work up the reloads.

Yep, Samco's email shipping notifications leave a lot to be desired... Sometimes voice communication is a little "iffy" too...:rolleyes: But I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them.

For reloads I've had a lot of plinking fun with about any light to medium rifle powder loads using different 150/160 gr JB's in free range cases. I've also found .309/155 gr CB's with gas checks loaded with my JB charges work as well or better.

Looking forward to seeing what the BBTOH brings you...

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 308 reloading DSC05711.jpg
      308 reloading DSC05711.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 300

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Tomorrow I'll get my VZ. 24 from Rguns and Friday my SAMCO Spanish Mauser will be here.

A little nervous about how this thing is going to look...their description leaves it open to look like the beat to hell T53's and even have a cracked stock. But, All my T53's shoot great, as long as this shoots well I'll be happy. Even if it's UGLY

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Came in today.
    decent packing job. Came with a sling.
    Crest, Nice clean bore. Muzzle gauge reads just under the 1 mark
    Couple passes with a patch and bore is clean and bright.
    Small import under the muzzle. That cleaning rod looks like it was added during refurb? looks almost like stainless steel.
    Interesting thing is I don't see the caliber. There is a faint stamp for the original 7.52? on the left side of the barrel/reciever. The import stamp is nicely tucked under the cleaning rod but I did not remove the rod yet to take a look.
    The wood looks great. Don't see any cracks.

I like the condition of the bluing. Enough worn down to show the age.

the rear sight notch is REALLY shallow and narrow.
    Bolt needs to be taken down and cleaned up. There is not alot of cosmo/grease, but enough to warrant cleaning up to make sure it pops off a round when I pull the triggger

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
      photo 2.JPG
      50.2 KB · Views: 296
    • photo 11.JPG
      photo 11.JPG
      49.9 KB · Views: 295
    • photo 9.JPG
      photo 9.JPG
      67.5 KB · Views: 289
    • photo 8.JPG
      photo 8.JPG
      64.3 KB · Views: 284
    • photo 6.JPG
      photo 6.JPG
      63.1 KB · Views: 284
    • photo 7.JPG
      photo 7.JPG
      65.6 KB · Views: 282
    • photo 10.jpg
      photo 10.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 287

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Came in today.
    decent packing job. Came with a sling.
    Crest, Nice clean bore. Muzzle gauge reads just under the 1 mark
    Couple passes with a patch and bore is clean and bright.
    Small import under the muzzle. That cleaning rod looks like it was added during refurb? looks almost like stainless steel.
    Interesting thing is I don't see the caliber. There is a faint stamp for the original 7.52? on the left side of the barrel/reciever. The import stamp is nicely tucked under the cleaning rod but I did not remove the rod yet to take a look.
    The wood looks great. Don't see any cracks.

I like the condition of the bluing. Enough worn down to show the age.

the rear sight notch is REALLY shallow and narrow.
    Bolt needs to be taken down and cleaned up. There is not alot of cosmo/grease, but enough to warrant cleaning up to make sure it pops off a round when I pull the triggger

That looks great!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Thx, I resisted really hard getting 2 on this one. Especially with free shipping.
    I have been getting 2 of things, picking the one I like the best then offloading the other. Unfortunatly, I have a backlog of "other" to offload right now (M44 and M95 Steyr) plus 2 Service grade Garands on the way. I'll take this one and run with it. As I generally read up on the history of the conflicts that any C&R firearm may be involved in, once again, the Spanish Mausers were involved in a Brutal and often tragic scene repeated once again in a change of power in Spain.

Anyone know the history of the 308 conversion? What years it happened and what arsenal?

BTW, the crest is not as strong as my photo shows it. When I first looked at it under natural lighting in my sunroom, I could not even see the crest. I had to get the right lighting to have it show. It might help if I'd oiled it up some though.

Diss-assembly video for sake of the thread:
    Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CU69kLh44k
    Part 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TX0gjSGVH0

Sirex