• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I wonder if the damage around the recoil lug will destroy my accuracy. If you press on the lug there it will wiggle back and forth some. That's the only thing about this buy that really disappointed me.

You can shoot it as is and find out but a tight hold to the recoil lug is important I have found
    Sounds like you need to tighten up the spanner nut

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Does SOG not do hand picks on T53s? I just added one to my cart but never got a hand pick option.

They did, but few weeks ago they sent Ih8demlibz an all matching never fired practially brand new gun so he called them and thanked them. A day or 2 after that when I went to order, the hand pick was gone. Wondering if they wised up and pulled all the pristine ones for later sale at a higher price.

of the 3 I received with no hand pick option, Im happy with all 3. #1 and 2 had very good stocks, good bluing great rifling but mismatched bolts. #3 had less bluing with a little rust, good rifling, a lesser but still good stock
    For $99 you still cant go wrong IMO, if you want a shooter

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    An easy 400 dolla on GB, but not going to sell her.

t53 001.JPG

t53 002.JPG

t53 003.JPG

t53 005.JPG

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm going to call SoG on Monday and find out what's up with hand pick on these. I think I'm finally sold on getting a T53, but I def want HP.

smoothebore

I shot my T53 yesterday. So, when the spent shell won't extract and the bolt won't open, that's the old Mo-seen "sticky bolt" problem, right? I've seen an explanation of how to scrub the chamber somewhere. Anybody got experience with this problem?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I shot my T53 yesterday. So, when the spent shell won't extract and the bolt won't open, that's the old Mo-seen "sticky bolt" problem, right? I've seen an explanation of how to scrub the chamber somewhere. Anybody got experience with this problem?

Use a .22 bronze brush wrapped in a green scrubby pad and soak it with mineral spirits.

Put in on cleaning rod and power scrub using a drill. Keep it wet.

Scrub the chamber and throat area until it is high gloss shiny.

Should solve the problem.

Make sure the bolt face is polished too and keep all the bolt/receiver/lug contact points greased up.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I e-mailed SOG and they said I can request HP in the comments section and they'll charge me the $10 fee (I guess when they add the shipping).

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Use a .22 bronze brush wrapped in a green scrubby pad and soak it with mineral spirits.

Put in on cleaning rod and power scrub using a drill. Keep it wet.

Scrub the chamber and throat area until it is high gloss shiny.

Should solve the problem.

Make sure the bolt face is polished too and keep all the bolt/receiver/lug contact points greased up.

I used the "Iraqveteran888" method found on Youtube; just type in "Mosin sticky bolt" to find it. It is similar to Alpha's method

I highly recommend this method; i had a burr in the chamber of my 91/30, and it took care of it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom