• ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Some real shanty towns are springing up outside of Baltimore:

article-0-1BAF8CB600000578-893_964x490.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...crates-wooden-doors-tarps-outskirts-town.html

OweMalley should be ashamed

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Times are getting really rough for more and more people. They do what they need to do to survive. Consider how somebody with almost nothing that so many others look down upon still has enough self-respect and honest pride to keep what little they have maintained and presentable. God bless them.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Doubt you will see this in the Sun. I tell people if you want to know what's going on in this country, you better read the foreign press.

Dec 31, 2012
    We have them around Eastpoint.
    As a kid I used to come across shelters in the woods but there are more of them now.

Times are getting really rough for more and more people. They do what they need to do to survive. Consider how somebody with almost nothing that so many others look down upon still has enough self-respect and honest pride to keep what little they have maintained and presentable. God bless them.

These people are keeping their places more presentable than many Baltimore homeowners.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Something to think about, for all the EOTWAWKI hopefuls with dreams of surviving in the woods, commando-style, after the apocalypse. Think it's crowded now? Just wait.....

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I have two encampments on property adjoining my business in Howard County.
    It's actually a pretty decent place to camp- it's secluded and has a nice stream. You can walk to a grocery store and public transportation. The police know about and they pretty much just leave them alone.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I can't tell if that is the camp in an exit ramp at RT 10 and B&A. There is quite a camp in the woods and I recently saw an American flag hanging on one of the shelters.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    "Springing up"? These "camps" have been around for years/decades. It just takes a foreign news agency to highlight it. Makes you wonder what else we, the sheeple, are fed day-to-day by the MSM.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

:thumbsup: Amen.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    if you know where to look there are shanty towns in lexington park, la plata and waldorf. i am sure there are others all over i dont see but i have seen these three myself.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    A friend of mine, in Westminster, has squatters living in the woods behind his house.

There's a sizeable population around TTown from what I've read. Think they're somewhere past the traffic circle. Sad stuff. Hope they made out ok when it was like 5 degrees out.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    There was a sizeable one just off Pulaski Hwy between Rossville Blvd and the Mall. They were pretty much left alone until they started having one OD after another. They would just drag em to the pay phone at the Sunoco, dial 9-1-1 and leave em there.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If you want to see a city like that, head over to the area surrounded by Rossville Blvd., Route 40 and Yellow Brick Road near Golden Ring Mall.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There used to be a small camp at the NW corner of Rt 1 and 100 in Elkridge.

Saw the MSP running them out last fall, a No Trespassing sign went up and they haven't been back since.

"Springing up"? These "camps" have been around for years/decades. It just takes a foreign news agency to highlight it. Makes you wonder what else we, the sheeple, are fed day-to-day by the MSM.

Used to be one on Patuxent Rd./Piney Orchard pkwy. just past the Ice rink (closed down probably 10+ yrs. ago),Recently closed one off 8th Ave. in GB and a big one in Millersville behind AA county Maintenance/Najoles Dr. (Seagrave might remember that one,closed after a huge brush fire started there).

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I see a tent right now at the ramp of 83 North and Gay street...been there for a month. Police and City Hall is only a stones throw away...am I the only one who sees it?

I have seen in the recent past tents on the West side of 83 in the woods by Druid Hill Park.

And lets not forget the Pan handlers on the median strips on Northern Parkway, Cold Spring Lane and elsewhere. The police dont seem to care, its gotta be illegal to sit or stand there. No one will care until one of these people passes out and falls in front of a car and gets killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom