• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Mainly joined this group so I could learn about guns, how to own one and carrying laws. When to the gun range she the first time in my 30th birthday and love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Welcome from Colorado!

Never too late to start something new. Find someone you enjoy who can go to the range with you. Shoot everything anyone will let you borrow at the range. Only you will know what you like and don't. Find someone who can provide good training. Look for an Appleseed weekend to attend. If you aren't having fun, stop and go back another day. Learn the Four Rules and know them by heart...then make sure you never violate them...ever.

Be safe.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 586

Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019
    Thanks everyone. I’m trying to figure out where to start. I want to be able to buy a gun and have conceal carry license. Where do I start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Thanks everyone. I’m trying to figure out where to start. I want to be able to buy a gun and have conceal carry license. Where do I start?

Welcome from Marriottsville.

Your lords and masters essentially prohibit you from have a conceal carry lic, unless you have business that deals in cash. Even then it may not be possible to obtain one, and you can be arrested if you carry outside of the specified area.

With regards to buying a gun....

Handgun purchases require the possession of an HQL Handgun Qualification License. Look it up to see how to get one, it is training and I think live fire. Once you have an HQL you can buy any handgun on the Maryland State Police handgun roster at any registered FFL. This can be a store that sells guns or if you buy online, the transfer agent.

For rifles, your lords and masters will allow you to purchase any long gun that is NOT prohibited. Again, MSP website shows what you can or cannot have. As of right now, you CAN purchase a Heavy Barrel AR 15. It must be marked or advertised as such. AK 47s are on the list as are MOST of the variants.

That is all, hope I answered your questions!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Welcome to MDS , getting a Concealed Carry Permit is very difficult and expensive . It is possible as long as you are able to qualify , I would say it would take 2 years to start a zero getting all the ground work laid out to get a permit even if you qualify .

Maryland has the most extreme guns laws and carry laws in the USA , it is directed at keeping the poor and disadvantaged persons from obtaining them . Good decent people are at risk and victims on a daily basis it is a sad commentary here in Md.

Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019

Your lords and masters essentially prohibit you from have a conceal carry lic, unless you have business that deals in cash. Even then it may not be possible to obtain one, and you can be arrested if you carry outside of the specified area.

Handgun purchases require the possession of an HQL Handgun Qualification License. Look it up to see how to get one, it is training and I think live fire. Once you have an HQL you can buy any handgun on the Maryland State Police handgun roster at any registered FFL. This can be a store that sells guns or if you buy online, the transfer agent.

For rifles, your lords and masters will allow you to purchase any long gun that is NOT prohibited. Again, MSP website shows what you can or cannot have. As of right now, you CAN purchase a Heavy Barrel AR 15. It must be marked or advertised as such. AK 47s are on the list as are MOST of the variants.

Thanks so much for the info. Did hear that a carrying license is nearly impossible. I’ll look into getting my hand gun though.

Yungskeeme

Feb 6, 2019
    Welcome to MDS , getting a Concealed Carry Permit is very difficult and expensive . It is possible as long as you are able to qualify , I would say it would take 2 years to start a zero getting all the ground work laid out to get a permit even if you qualify .

Maryland has the most extreme guns laws and carry laws in the USA , it is directed at keeping the poor and disadvantaged persons from obtaining them . Good decent people are at risk and victims on a daily basis it is a sad commentary here in Md.

Glad I’ll be leaving MD by next year

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

What's to stop you from buying and selling candles and having a mobile business? You'd just need to establish a sole proprietorship, open up a business account and sell some candles and make deposits accordingly (doesn't specifically need to be cash). MSP doesn't care what type of business you have. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom