• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    if we were to get it out of the senate committee, then vallario's desk drawer is of no consequence in the house, because there exists enough house supporters to petition the house crossfiled bill out of committee without a vote.

the senate committee is the hurdle now. its also the committee that has seen its testimony go viral. we have a little leverage, and at least 5 out of 11 votes, if everyone is being honest.

call zirkin and ask him to schedule a vote and support the bill.

Senator Zirkin's contact info: 1-800-492-7122 x 3131. bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us

This.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    if we were to get it out of the senate committee, then vallario's desk drawer is of no consequence in the house, because there exists enough house supporters to petition the house crossfiled bill out of committee without a vote.

the senate committee is the hurdle now. its also the committee that has seen its testimony go viral. we have a little leverage, and at least 5 out of 11 votes, if everyone is being honest.

Senator Zirkin's contact info: 1-800-492-7122 x 3131. bobby.zirkin@senate.state.md.us
    Done. I called his office. The phones were ringing off the hook in the background.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

I called Zirkin's office earlier this morning and had to leave a message. Honestly, I did not expect a return call, but sure enough, about an hour and a half later one of his staff called. I politely impressed upon him the importance of allowing this bill to reach the committee for a vote. The young man was very attentive and polite and assured me that he would pass my request to the Senator.
    Here's hoping.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I just spoke with Senator Ramirez's office due to an auto reply email that I got asking what his position on SB100 was. The staffer was unable to answer and took my number. We'll see if he emails/calls back.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Zirkin's district election results (Just from the precincts in Zirkin's district http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/election_data/index.html ):

State Senator
    Bobby A. Zirkin 22,983 97.4%
    Other Write-Ins 604 2.6%

Governor
    Anthony G. Brown 13,139 43.0%
    Larry Hogan 17,440 57.0%

He won because he was unopposed, but district 11 went for Hogan.

I am not sure it's up to Zirkin whether this gets out of committee. I think its up to M&M whether they want this on the Senate/House Floor.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I just spoke with Senator Ramirez's office due to an auto reply email that I got asking what his position on SB100 was. The staffer was unable to answer and took my number. We'll see if he emails/calls back.

I got the same auto reply from Ramirez. We'll see if they follow up. Of the 11 emails sent, that is the only reply so far.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Zirkin's district election results (Just from the precincts in Zirkin's district http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/election_data/index.html:

State Senator
    Other Write-Ins 604 2.6%

Governor
    Larry Hogan 17,440 57.0%

I am not sure it's up to Zirkin whether this gets out of committee. I think its up to M&M whether they want this on the Senate/House Floor.

Good find.
    BTW - the link you posted is broken. Here is one to the general election result of D11
    http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/results/General/gen_results_2014_2_01511.html

and General election results - http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/results/General/index.html

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Zirkin's district election results (Just from the precincts in Zirkin's district http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/election_data/index.html):

State Senator
    Other Write-Ins 604 2.6%

Governor
    Larry Hogan 17,440 57.0%

I'm sure it is up to M&M, but hopefully Zirkin and others can express to them all of the calls, visits, letters they are getting from us and encourage them to bring it for a vote.

Oh, and over lunch I saw a princess riding a unicorn sprinkling ferry dust to create a rainbow. It was cool.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

^ This is why I decided to focus on the Senate instead of the House this year. :thumbsup:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Zirkin's district election results (Just from the precincts in Zirkin's district http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/election_data/index.html ):

State Senator
    Other Write-Ins 604 2.6%

Governor
    Larry Hogan 17,440 57.0%

Nice job!...but the numbers don't look "right" and following the newer links above shows Zirkin did something just over 30,000 when you count early voting and absentee ballots. I can't find the data on the governor's race per district and they would give a better picture cause the #s look a little light for the district.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Nice job!...but the numbers don't look "right" and following the newer links above shows Zirkin did something just over 30,000 when you count early voting and absentee ballots. I can't find the data on the governor's race per district and they would give a better picture cause the #s look a little light for the district.

You are right - those numbers are election day results only, exclude early voting and absentee. I don't think that the EV results are reported by district. Maryland makes it really hard to get information (and a lot of data they do report particularly economic data is just a rehash of data that can be found on Fed govt website.).

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    You are right - those numbers are election day results only, exclude early voting and absentee. I don't think that the EV results are reported by district. Maryland makes it really hard to get information (and a lot of data they do report particularly economic data is just a rehash of data that can be found on Fed govt website.).

yeah, it's tough for us to find information on district votes, but I bet Zirkin and the rest of the democrats and I would think Hogan or his people know full well the numbers in each district and what areas of the district are friend and foe.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I was fortunate to get to meet Jack last night at a Friends of the NRA Banquet in Hereford.
    Jack will be on Fox News With Friends Sunday morning st 6:30. Set you recorders.
    P.S. At-A-Boy to Dogbone for a great event last night.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    This was posted on FB:

I have a live interview scheduled with Fox and Friends at 6:45 AM Sunday to discuss Maryland's Handgun Permitting Scheme.
    ~Jack McCauley

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I just tried to program the box for that , but there is a televangelest from 6;00- 7:00, followed by Fox Morning News at 7:00 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom