• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    In metal I'm a 229 fan.

But that looks great. It's a shame it's priced out of my ball park for a carry gun. Even if I were to get it back in a timely manner the idea of handing over a $2,500 dollar gun to the police is a no go for me.

A work of art in appearance regardless if it functions well or not.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We just got in a new Wilson Combat AR9. Takes Glock mags. It's pretty sweet. Sorry, best pic I have on my phone.

9828e89f75b41a32532c725804466d39.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I might go with one of their shotguns.
    Great, more to add to the list. Like all three models. First going to get the Mossberg ATI Scorpion Talo model (found another source) and still want a Benelli.
    We just got in a new Wilson Combat AR9. Takes Glock mags. It's pretty sweet. Sorry, best pic I have on my phone.

9828e89f75b41a32532c725804466d39.jpg
    You always seem to stock the best toys.
    I actually think this things super sexy! I literally love everything about it!!! For the price though this better come with a beautiful German hooker and a year long contract.
    Lol, no comment. What I do worry about with boutique guns is the resale market. There are fewer people willing to spend this much coin on a new handgun than those that typically shop the $500-1000 market. So what do you do if you get the gun, it has an issue, or it's just not a good fit for you? I think folks spending $2400 new might not be willing to spend $2200 or even $1900 on used as you spend that amount, why not spend a bit more to get new?

I don't view a larger market firearm in this price range (e.g CZ Bren to FN SCAR) as being similarly constrained (subject to the same market forces) because there are more buyers, and with the larger production over the years, they are less of a risk as they have well known reps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Wilson makes awesome stuff, just got a Recon Tactical in 338 Federal for Hog Hunting and the groups are amazing and that round is a thumper for sure. The exit wound on the hog looked like a 4 inch incision, entered just below ear and exited through spine taking some of the bone out the exit

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpg
      IMG_1977.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_1981.jpg
      IMG_1981.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 234
    • IMG_1980.jpg
      IMG_1980.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 227

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Great, more to add to the list. Like all three models. First going to get the Mossberg ATI Scorpion Talo model (found another source) and still want a Benelli.

You always seem to stock the best toys.

Lol, no comment. What I do worry about with boutique guns is the resale market. There are fewer people willing to spend this much coin on a new handgun than those that typically shop the $500-1000 market. So what do you do if you get the gun, it has an issue, or it's just not a good fit for you? I think folks spending $2400 new might not be willing to spend $2200 or even $1900 on used as you spend that amount, why not spend a bit more to get new?

I don't view a larger market firearm in this price range (e.g CZ Bren to FN SCAR) as being similarly constrained (subject to the same market forces) because there are more buyers, and with the larger production over the years, they are less of a risk as they have well known reps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You are correct it is a niche market for the pricey customs. There is a considerable market for discounted low use customs. Knocking off the extra $500 for the new gives many purchasers the opportunity to buy what they couldn't/wouldn't buy at new price.

These customers are looking for the next step from the upper end production guns. They are willing to pay that extra discounted coin for a lightly used custom. Many tend to research the guns a good bit. They will also know that Wilson pistol is warrantied for life unless altered or abused and customer service is stellar. That will sell a low round Wilson in itself.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    You are correct it is a niche market for the pricey customs. There is a considerable market for discounted low use customs. Knocking off the extra $500 for the new gives many purchasers the opportunity to buy what they couldn't/wouldn't buy at new price.

These customers are looking for the next step from the upper end production guns. They are willing to pay that extra discounted coin for a lightly used custom. Many tend to research the guns a good bit. They will also know that Wilson pistol is warrantied for life unless altered or abused and customer service is stellar. That will sell a low round Wilson in itself.

Agreed. I've been watching the high end market for a while and they seem to hold valve fairly well on the internet market as opposed to the LGS, especially guns that have a waiting period for availability.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I was seriously considering and priced a full custom from one of the one man national known shops. This 1911 smith is a major bullseye gun builder, but he is known for other builds. Then the wind took part of the roof away so that was a momentary set back. I could sell other guns to finance this, which I am considering, but still a lot of green. That market is even narrower at 2.5 times the cost of the pistol being discussed in this thread.

I am seriously considering the new upgraded Guncrafter pistol since it will fill a niche moreso than the full custom. Haven't decided yet

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I was seriously considering and priced a full custom from one of the one man national known shops. This 1911 smith is a major bullseye gun builder, but he is known for other builds. Then the wind took part of the roof away so that was a momentary set back. I could sell other guns to finance this, which I am considering, but still a lot of green. That market is even narrower at 2.5 times the cost of the pistol being discussed in this thread.

I am seriously considering the new upgraded Guncrafter pistol since it will fill a niche moreso than the full custom. Haven't decided yet
    Yes there is a huge difference in the "high end" $2-3k market and the $5k+ market, unless its a SVI race type gun, they seem to never last long on the used market.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011

Besides the Guncrafters in the case. I have some full customs that don't get displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom