• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    And states with heavy gun control laws "encourage" law abiding gun owners to move out of state. A family of conservative voters move out, a family of check cashers move in and the demorat majority grows even stronger..

Really it is bigger than Maryland.

They get their orders from the national party. Gun control is a plank in their platform every convention.

They need the states that they have a firm grip on (CA, NY, MD) to pass these laws and fall in line with the platform, in order to set the stage and example for other states populations and on the national/federal scale.

These bills have nothing to do with what’s best for the state or the constituents.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    And states with heavy gun control laws "encourage" law abiding gun owners to move out of state. A family of conservative voters move out, a family of check cashers move in and the demorat majority grows even stronger..

cant argue this much. crazy how certain liberal states just bleed citizens due to the constraints placed upon them by the uptopian overlords.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I just don't get why so many of them have such hard ons for the 2nd amendment.

No big shootings or anything out of the norm happens for Baltimore, yet year after year they come back with raging boners to attack the 2nd amendment.

just don't know why

Guessing the antique firearms thing is because of the murder of a woman at the Germantown Target by her ex that used blackpowder guns because he could not legally buy a firearm. That is in Dumais' backyard and I believe my recollection of the event is somewhat decent even though it happened a couple of years ago.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." Thomas Jefferson

also. "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." by Thomas Jefferson

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Question is when will Maryland gun owners put a stop to this? Holding up stupid signs and yelling in small numbers only makes a mockery of the gun community. This has gone on too far enough.

Soon you will have an ammunition license requirement bill, gun insurance bill, can only buy 50 rounds of ammunition per month bill, yearly police checkup on your guns bill (like they do in Japan), when does this stop? You already have legalized gun-confiscation aka "red flag" and ERPO.

My friend in Maryland use to tell me people would stand up when they ban guns, then MD banned guns and mags (SB281), then he said they will stand up when they come to confiscate guns, now MD has legalized gun confiscation.

Just don’t forget to provide police with documentation on the specific location of the gun in your home, as well as the ammo, both of which must be locked and stored separately. And remember to have the police inspect the gun once per year and to re-take the class and exam every three years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...-virtually-eliminated-shooting-deaths/260189/

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Question is when will Maryland gun owners put a stop to this? Holding up stupid signs and yelling in small numbers only makes a mockery of the gun community. This has gone on too far enough.

Soon you will have an ammunition license requirement bill, gun insurance bill, can only buy 50 rounds of ammunition per month bill, monthly police checkup on your guns bill (like they do in Germany), when does this stop?

If you have a constructive idea, please speak up... the floor is yours.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Soon you will have an ammunition license requirement bill, gun insurance bill, can only buy 50 rounds of ammunition per month bill, yearly police checkup on your guns bill (like they do in Japan), when does this stop? You already have legalized gun-confiscation aka "red flag" and ERPO.

My friend in Maryland use to tell me people would stand up when they ban guns, then MD banned guns and mags (SB281), then he said they will stand up when they come to confiscate guns, now MD has legalized gun confiscation.

I’m all ears...

But you will have to speak up because you are 300 miles from the battle lines.

You can’t be brave from a distance...
    —Snallygaster

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    I’m all ears...

But you will have to speak up because you are 300 miles from the battle lines.

You can’t be brave from a distance...
    —Snallygaster

I lived in MD for 20+ years, I grew up there, I still visit the state, and correction it is 450 miles. Even when I lived there I was politically active there, I reached out to Democrats, I wrote emails, made phone calls, visited offices, encouraged others to do the same, doing all this while managing a full-time career.

I even met O'Malley once and raised the issues with him on the real-life impact these policies have, and that was BEFORE SB281. I've also reached out to Paul Ryan's office when he was speaker of the House.

Don't tell me I am only brave from a distance. I no longer live there, you do, and if you Maryland gun owners don't stop these Dems you are going to get further steamrolled.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The black powder bill is absolutely unenforceable.

Passing it will add to my contempt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is the 2nd or maybe 3rd time she has introduced this bill. I'm going to speculate she is sharp enough to have rewritten it to get better acceptance from her colleagues. It doesn't have to be enforceable. What retailer is going to sell these guns in Maryland with that liability hanging over them? Do they have a way to verify a buyer isn't prohibited?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I just don't get why so many of them have such hard ons for the 2nd amendment.

No big shootings or anything out of the norm happens for Baltimore, yet year after year they come back with raging boners to attack the 2nd amendment.

just don't know why

Because it is your means to resist their agenda

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Again, what do you propose? The Dems have a veto-proof majority in the GA. What do we threaten them with? What leverage do we have?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    This is the 2nd or maybe 3rd time she has introduced this bill. I'm going to speculate she is sharp enough to have rewritten it to get better acceptance from her colleagues. It doesn't have to be enforceable. What retailer is going to sell these guns in Maryland with that liability hanging over them? Do they have a way to verify a buyer isn't prohibited?

Vendor in Maryland - no, won't sell it.
    Vendor elsewhere - yes, with cash, no questions asked 'cause it ain't regulated anywhere - except soon to be Maryland.

This is just a feel good sh*t bill that can't be enforced.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom