• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Sean and i have been lucky enough to get invited to a private range from a fellow MDS member (he can chime in if he wants) to shoot our Youtube videos from time to time. This helps out since there is less background noise and we have more camera options that we do at public ranges.

To top it off, during our last visit the owner of range breaks out a Powder Springs MAC 10 and an Uzi submachine gun for us to do a video on :party29:

No complaints here, other than the fact that I really want a SMG now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcy0Nse1upc

[YT]Bcy0Nse1upc[/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSi60O6feRc

[YT]rSi60O6feRc[/YT]

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I was watching that last night and realized that if I ever go full auto,belt fed is for me.That gun don't hold enough ammo!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Pretty cool.

FYI, on an open bolt gun... you should cock the bolt before inserting the mag. Inserting the mag first is actually dangerous. If you fail to cock the bolt full or if the bolt for whatever reason fails to catch, you will shot a round accidentally. If you cock first then failure to secure the bolt to the rear will not do anything. Its very counter what you are use to but trust me, if you are around enough open bolt guns, you will see this make a difference.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Pretty cool.

FYI, on an open bolt gun... you should cock the bolt before inserting the mag. Inserting the mag first is actually dangerous. If you fail to cock the bolt full or if the bolt for whatever reason fails to catch, you will shot a round accidentally. If you cock first then failure to secure the bolt to the rear will not do anything. Its very counter what you are use to but trust me, if you are around enough open bolt guns, you will see this make a difference.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

If you noticed in the video i was opening the bolt slowly just for that reason (the bolt not catching was in the back of my mind). Theres a learning curve on an open bolt gun, thats for sure.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ... Theres a learning curve on an open bolt gun, thats for sure.

Yes and its a bit less forgiving with an open bolt.

You also need to be very careful when you have a jam. For instance you might first think to remove the mag... and boom. The mag was part of what was holding the bolt back. You remove it and it sets off the round. Always control bolt first, once secured, then work the mag. Also you might find yourself needing to force the bolt forward to clear something.... then boom! Just make sure you hold it in a safe direction at all times...

I would suggest to you that the Lage, Max uppers really turn that Mac into a gun that shoots as well as the Uzi.

They do make large mags. Beta Cmags for the uzi. Lage Max uppers that shoot 72rd suomi drums...etc.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yes and its a bit less forgiving with an open bolt.

You also need to be very careful when you have a jam. For instance you might first think to remove the mag... and boom. The mag was part of what was holding the bolt back. You remove it and it sets off the round. Always control bolt first, once secured, then work the mag. Also you might find yourself needing to force the bolt forward to clear something.... then boom! Just make sure you hold it in a safe direction at all times...

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom