• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Roberts is libertarian, not liberal. There are plenty of people who are pro-2A who don't toe the "conservative" line on social issues.

Lol yes. Because a libertarian would be totally cool with government mandating the purchase of a product/service and then saying it’s actually a tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Lol yes. Because a libertarian would be totally cool with government mandating the purchase of a product/service and then saying it’s actually a tax.

Except, that very ruling teed up the ability for Trump to sign the recent tax bill that killed the ACA’s mandate provision.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the left call a qualification license a tax too. It (tax) already worked for them once.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think the takeaway here is that going before the USSC is always a crap shoot, and it's never over until it's over. The dissent may or may not be stirring.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    MSI is the only group actively working to help the serfs of this "state".
    I stopped providing financial support to The NRA after FSA2013. Change My Mind.

Please don't blame the NRA for the f-ed up conditions of your state. They tried fighting SB281. Reality is the people of Maryland elected Democatic gun-control supporting super majorities in the House and Senate.

Be happy the NRA supported Trump, helped him get elected and now Trump has been packing the Federal courts with conservatives.

By the way, bless them but MSI is powerless to stop these kinds of gun-control bills.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Texas is starting to become a huge Maryland. The densely populated urban liberal areas are slowly getting more power in the legislature than the more rural conservative areas. The state senate district which encompasses Austin covers one and a half counties. My state Senate district covers sixteen counties. Things are even worse in the House. Austin has three districts. My district covers twelve counties.

I don't regret moving here but I am damned glad I paid attention in Maryland. Every lesson I learned there is being put to use fighting restrictions here.

Big difference is Texas is deeply GOP. I recently learned even a large percentage of Hispanics-Catholics vote Republican in Texas, and Ted Cruz has helped with that. Yes the cities are growing but the suburbs are growing with conservative families moving in.

Also many conservatives leaving other states such as California are moving to Texas. It also helps you have an Attorney General that is cleaning up the voter rolls and fighting against illegal voters. Texas has Voter-ID laws and Trump is deporting illegals.

All this talk of Texas turning blue as if it's a certainty is kind of crackpot talk. It will take a lot to turn it blue.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    SCOTUS decisions apply Nationwide. Depends on how broad they will be.
    I could be wrong but doesn't MD ignore a certain SCOTUS decision in regards to ccw? I'm just thinking MD will try to disregard decisions until Frosh himself loses or is carried out of town on a rail. (figure of speech)

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Please don't blame the NRA for the f-ed up conditions of your state. They tried fighting SB281. Reality is the people of Maryland elected Democatic gun-control supporting super majorities in the House and Senate.

Be happy the NRA supported Trump, helped him get elected and now Trump has been packing the Federal courts with conservatives.

By the way, bless them but MSI is powerless to stop these kinds of gun-control bills.

:thumbsup: Thank you!! People act like these groups have some sort of superpower to make liberal officials not enact gun control. Every other November get off the couch and vote. 54% of the voting public voted in the last election. I have no facts but I find it hard to believe the other 46% didn't encompass enough gun owners that the state congress couldn't have been turned over or at a minimum lost their super majority.

This BS that is happening because people are lazy and don't vote. Right now in Oregon the legislature has proposed 20 rounds of ammo a month law. Let that sink in for those of you pissed about Hogan and didn't vote.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    What's our Plan?

I posted a similar question in the HBAR thread.

I'm outraged by what's going on, as I'm sure most are. I haven't ever been down to Annapolis to protest (shame on me, I know). I want to do something though this time. I took off work on February 27th so I can be available.

Does anyone know if there is a plan coming together? Are we doing down to Annapolis on the 27th to protest / testify etc? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just haven't done this before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom