• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Went today. Wasn't as good as Chantilly. Lots of new pistols but not worth transferring those to MD so I typ don't even look. There were the mentioned $300 SKSs (didn't know they wouldn't sell to MD residents - I didn't ask or whip out my C&R.) Couple places had crates of mosins open too at reasonable prices. Lots of ammo at fair prices (online still cheaper.) I was looking for some specific surplus stuff and came up empty. Thats probably where Fburg fell most short - foreign surplus. I only saw 3 MP5 mags and all in poor shape. No grease gun mags. HK/FAL/etc mags were thin. Lots of magpul & AR stuff though. There was a guy there w/ a good selection of C&R pistol (US mostly - 1911/hipower). Im trying to be good and save money for something else so only took a brief look, sighed, and walked away before I did anything crazy.

Parking sucked and traffic was crazy.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    It was a good show,normal crowd,couple good deals mostly supplies that I needed. Traffic was heavy on the roads. Pale Rider it was good meeting you.

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    its not but I tried to buy 3 from Liberty what ever their name is and they wouldnt let me buy them telling me they are now ban weapons in MD i was like eat a @##(_@#

A lot of places have issue with sales to Marylanders, even with a C&R. Sucks

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I found some good deals. Place was Packed, cars everywhere. very little reloading. Met a MDS member. I will be going to their next show. I was told one shop was expecting a "MD" Tavor soon. He sold a Scar to someone in MD this morning evidently there was a MD State Police rep there to advise on sales from what he said ?? Literally tons of 7.62 x 39.

Seriously? A MD State Police " rep" (trooper?)at a Virginia Gun Show? That would be nothing more than outright intimidation to freak out VA dealers and MD patrons. That's so bogus because MSP nevers knows the law anyway. Anyone else see this? Never heard of such a thing.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    I dont blame him for not selling to MD residents. I wouldnt either if I were an OOS FFL--too much liability, too many laws to keep up with and someone from my home state would eventually buy the same gun anyway...

Keep in mind Ive been a MD resident my whole life... it sucks, but the gun laws of our state are too convoluted and too much of a hassle to keep up with for OOS FFL dealers.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I dont blame him for not selling to MD residents. I wouldnt either if I were an OOS FFL--too much liability, too many laws to keep up with and someone from my home state would eventually buy the same gun anyway...

Keep in mind Ive been a MD resident my whole life... it sucks, but the gun laws of our state are too convoluted and too much of a hassle to keep up with for OOS FFL dealers.

^sadly, this

Terplover

Ponca Nation
    Oct 31, 2012
    Made the trip. Lots of traffic and potholes. Not many good deals. Vendors would rather pack up items at 4pm rather than negotiate on prices. Never again. I will stick with the show in Chantilly. Lots of T-shirts, knives and pro 2nd amendment displays and vendors. Not as friendly as the Chantilly show.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Wasn't MSP supposed to issue some official statement clearing up copy cat weapon details? Did they just do it or about to do it? If there are times where they claim to know the law, I'd like to have documentation to let them choke on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    Traffic going there, on 95, was not bad at all. Coming home around 6 sucked. There were some deals but not many. Most of the people there were asking $170+ for old single shots. One guy offered me a "deal" of $150 each if I buy two. I was going to get an hbar ar from one dealer who mentioned that he would sell to md residents. at the last moment he stated that he would only ship to my ffl. I did get my share of fde pmags so it was not a bust.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Ouch, that hurts. Too bad you don't have a C&R :rasp:

Even with a c&r many refuse to sell to a md c&r holder,many don't even know the firearm qualifies or what a c&r is,I had one last week tell me the gun has to be 100 years old,told them to look it up on the list,what list is the answer I got followed by no sale.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

What is an 005 FFL?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    its not but I tried to buy 3 from Liberty what ever their name is and they wouldnt let me buy them telling me they are now ban weapons in MD i was like eat a @##(_@#

I hope you didn't point out that they were Soviet and not Chinese. If they show up this weekend at the Dale City show I might have to pick one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom