• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    No can do. Mine ain't the requisite caliber.:)

On the application form, it implies that they have loaner M1's. If not, I'm sure someone will be willing to let you shoot with their M1 (though it's not the same as shooting your own M1). I'm not entirely sure if I'm going yet, but if I do, someone is welcome to shoot my M1 if they have tw

It didn't say 30.06, it only says .30 cal. Isn't .308 .30 cal? Never mind, reading is fundamental, it says m2 ball ammo. Sorry S/B.

Page 28: As issued M1's must be .30/06. They may not be 7.62 NATO or .308.

Page 38: You actually can compete with a 7.62/.308 M1, but it will be in the Unlimited M1 Garand category, not the as-issued. But yeah, this particular match is for as-issued only.

http://www.thecmp.org/Competitions/CMPGamesRules.pdf

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    95% of the time you can shoot out of competition- in other words you shoot the match but are not eligible for prizes. Don't let caliber keep you at home. Give them a call and ask. Very few matches these days will turn shooters away.

Feb 28, 2013
    Got a couple coats of linseed oil on my ole' girl.:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 112

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    image.jpg
    These were the first rounds, with my hand in there for scale. It shows 7 hits free hand 50 yards. I'll be damned if I know where the 8th went?:sad20:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Obviously the eighth went right through one of the other holes, probably the one closest to the center.

I do that sometimes, usually from standing offhand.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Here's one of my M1 targets from yesterday. My sling loosened and I threw the 7th shot. It was kind of dim yesterday, so I couldn't get a consistent sight picture. I shot a 99-2 the string before the one below, but the group was not nearly as tight.

For the past two weeks, my M1 couldn't shoot for crap with the exact same handloads that shot great a month or two ago. I attributed it to using 24 year old powder that someone gave me for my handloads. I got a fresh 8lb jug of IMR4064 at Nation's and my accuracy problems went away. I can now effortlessly shoot 98's again.

98-5 at 100yds unsupported prone, CMP service grade SA with GI wood shooting handloads of 168gr Nosler Custom Comp on 46.5gr of IMR4064.
    10-5465grIMR4064_zps72af26f7.jpg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Here's one of my M1 targets from yesterday. My sling loosened and I threw the 7th shot. It was kind of dim yesterday, so I couldn't get a consistent sight picture. I shot a 99-2 the string before the one below, but the group was not nearly as tight.

For the past two weeks, my M1 couldn't shoot for crap with the exact same handloads that shot great a month or two ago. I attributed it to using 24 year old powder that someone gave me for my handloads. I got a fresh 8lb jug of IMR4064 at Nation's and my accuracy problems went away. I can now effortlessly shoot 98's again.

98-5 at 100yds unsupported prone, CMP service grade SA with GI wood shooting handloads of 168gr Nosler Custom Comp on 46.5gr of IMR4064.
    10-5465grIMR4064_zps72af26f7.jpg
    Ok... Now I feel like a looser.:bowdown::rasp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom