• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I guess that is what the but is for in the 2 Amendment, oh wait I guess it got cut off it should have been "Shall not be infringed, but"

If one knows (and who doesn’t?) that it is illegal to smoke weed and possess firearms... and they choose weed... they have infringed themselves of the right to keep and bear arms. The government did not do that.

One cannot violate federal laws and still expect to be able to continue to share in the rights which other non violators enjoy.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If one knows (and who doesn’t?) that it is illegal to smoke weed and possess firearms... and they choose weed... they have infringed themselves of the right to keep and bear arms. The government did not do that.

One cannot violate federal laws and still expect to be able to continue to share in the rights which other non violators enjoy.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: What he said X 100!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A friend of mine knows a guy that has a MD MMJ card. The dude with the card thinks he can let it lapse for a year, get his HQL, buy a handgun, then reapply for the MMJ card with MD. But the kicker is that he would still be blazing down with all the weed from DC that he is part of, for that whole year without a MD MMJ card.

Who wants to take bets on him getting his HQL, then going to buy his handgun, then once he has it, wait a month or so to reapply for the MD MMJ card, and finally once the MD MMJ card is approved, MSP knocks on the door to confiscate the handgun and the HQL? Anybody?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    A friend of mine knows a guy that has a MD MMJ card. The dude with the card thinks he can let it lapse for a year, get his HQL, buy a handgun, then reapply for the MMJ card with MD. But the kicker is that he would still be blazing down with all the weed from DC that he is part of, for that whole year without a MD MMJ card.

Who wants to take bets on him getting his HQL, then going to buy his handgun, then once he has it, wait a month or so to reapply for the MD MMJ card, and finally once the MD MMJ card is approved, MSP knocks on the door to confiscate the handgun and the HQL? Anybody?

I’d say you read that situation pretty well.

Life is filled with choices. Lots of folks leave their crack hanging out and then want to carp about the cold breeze. It just doesn’t make any sense.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’d say you read that situation pretty well.

Life is filled with choices. Lots of folks leave their crack hanging out and then want to carp about the cold breeze. It just doesn’t make any sense.
    The dude thinks he is always right and is not willing to listen to others that have information that is counter to what he "knows" is the truth.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The dude thinks he is always right and is not willing to listen to others that have information that is counter to what he "knows" is the truth.

His loss then...

He’s the one facing a glum future with losses of his own choosing. But, when it happens... he’ll be one of those who blames the State and the Police.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore

Thus an infringement, you smoke pot you can't have a firearm for self defense. RD I find myself in agreement with you on most issues, but unless they are going to lock someone up for smoking pot it is ridiculous to strip your right for a tool for self defense. It has nothing to do with safety, but another way to ban firearms. I am not arguing the pros or cons of marijuana use, but abuse of government powers.

Further it is ridiculous to have something illegal at one level of government, but legal and taxed at another. With it being ignored for the most part even at the federal level except for a right that is unalienable.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Funny that there was just an article in the news yesterday that a “study” found that states that have a “marijuana approved” law have also seen a major increase in motor vehicle accidents. Wonder what the increase is in “accidental” shootings?

Some of you are forgetting that the state declared weed as medication. .this will set a precedent and the next thing that will happen is a ban on gun ownership for anyone on any mood altering meds..which could even include nicotine and caffeine. .those of you who agree with this better think long and hard...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Thus an infringement, you smoke pot you can't have a firearm for self defense. RD I find myself in agreement with you on most issues, but unless they are going to lock someone up for smoking pot it is ridiculous to strip your right for a tool for self defense. It has nothing to do with safety, but another way to ban firearms. I am not arguing the pros or cons of marijuana use, but abuse of government powers.

Further it is ridiculous to have something illegal at one level of government, but legal and taxed at another. With it being ignored for the most part even at the federal level except for a right that is unalienable.

So long as the federal law prohibits weed... the user must make that choice.

So long as the user knows the rules and chooses to indulge anyway... I have no sympathy for them when they get caught.

Change the federal law FIRST.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I might piss off some here but, I am for less government control and pro 2A.

I am also for less government control. However, so long as the law stands as enforceable. And the choice is made to violate that law... the violators take their chances.

Thus... the violators have accepted the consequences of their actions and have no ground to stand on for complaining.

Change the law...

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I think this medical weed use is bull to start with. There's noway anyone is going to convince me there is not another way to deal with whatever it is ailing someone. I've got a drug addict brother with a card, just another way to get drugs.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Some times I really wonder why I decided to be a law abiding citizen and even worry about it. I guess I'm way too old to change now, even those who write the laws ignore them when it suits them, and write laws that are unconstitutional.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think this medical weed use is bull to start with. There's noway anyone is going to convince me there is not another way to deal with whatever it is ailing someone. I've got a drug addict brother with a card, just another way to get drugs.

To me it seems that this is some people’s “comfort animal” of choice. Not a service animal but a comfort or “therapy” choice. Your choice and your consequences!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yes, the law is the law, no brainer ... as I try to decide on which new pistol I am buying with my pot stock gains. The money behind this in big pharma is real and I doubt this much investment is being made without real results. But as always ICBW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom