• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Can't go wrong with a LaRue MBT or a Geissele SSA or SSA-E.

The above are 2 stage and it's all I will use. Reliable, durable, SAFE when fouled or in odd shooting positions, great for fast shooting, and duty/defensive uses.

On the SSA-E, long or short pin?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Put one of these on my Del Ton Echo. Only thing I have to compare it to is the factory trigger but I love it. It's so light and the reset so short you can shoot it like you had a bumpfire stock if you so choose. I don't know this seller but it's a good deal especially when you sign up for the newsletter and get an extra 10% off. Think I paid average about $110 dlvd for the two I bought.

http://kisiwacreekarmory.com/shop/ra-140-super-sporting-trigger/

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    I have a Hiperfire 24C. You wouldn't want it for home defense. It is an excellent and fast single stage trigger.

Geissele 2-stage makes sense for what you're looking for and 20% off sales (like the one that most places are currently running and Geissele themselves will run tomorrow) are quite frequent to bring the high end triggers under $200.

Thanks for mentioning the 20% off... It got me looking and the next thing I knew, I dropped over $500 on their website! It could have been worse i guess. FWIW not only is everything on their website 20% off, but they throw in free shipping and a bag of Geissele swag this weekend!!! Wooooo :party29:

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks for mentioning the 20% off... It got me looking and the next thing I knew, I dropped over $500 on their website! It could have been worse i guess. FWIW not only is everything on their website 20% off, but they throw in free shipping and a bag of Geissele swag this weekend!!! Wooooo :party29:

I took the advice of many and advantage of this sale as well. Decided on a super tricon and their buffer spring. Should be here tomorrow!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    On the SSA-E, long or short pin?
    Do you mean "small" (MILSPEC aka normal) or "large" pin? The large pin version is specifically for colt lowers that were manufactured 1990-2009, which take a larger than normal hammer/trigger pin. I don't know if any other manufacturers did or do the same, but I bet someone will be along shortly to give more details.

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    Larue is the best bang for the buck. You can get them for $100-$125 if you are willing to wait. Im not as fond of the flatter trigger face on the larues. Fantastic trigger though.

SSA-E geisseles when they are on sale run about $200

Dont get a pack trigger or single stage aftermarket unless its some paper plinker. They are not reliable for defensive use and when fouled heavily.

I've always heard this, but how fouled are we talking? I have over 1k rounds through my M&P with Timney since it's last cleaning and no issue. I have heard problems arise more when shooting suppressed in excess, but how excessive can your shooting be until it goes from defensive use to criminal charges?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    You should see the gunk in my receiver after a few hundred rounds suppressed. Filthy.

Not so much an issue if you clean after such a firing schedule, but I don't really tend to clean my guns all that much.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've always heard this, but how fouled are we talking? I have over 1k rounds through my M&P with Timney since it's last cleaning and no issue. I have heard problems arise more when shooting suppressed in excess, but how excessive can your shooting be until it goes from defensive use to criminal charges?

Depends on many variables, such as the suppressor, barrel length, gas system, ammo, and the lubricant.

In my opinion 1k rounds is just getting warmed up without a suppressor. Not everyone owns an AR for the same reason though. Mine are tools, and I won't own a gun or accessory that I don't fully trust.

Timney are good people, but their products don't meet my standards of reliable. They appeal to competition and recreational shooters IMO.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Can't go wrong with a LaRue MBT or a Geissele SSA or SSA-E.

The above are 2 stage and it's all I will use. Reliable, durable, SAFE when fouled or in odd shooting positions, great for fast shooting, and duty/defensive uses.

your thoughts still the same here Chad ?

Any other triggers win you over after all this time, or are these 2 still your favorites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom