• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Dan ordered me this the other day and gave me a suggestion on what scope to put on it, but I wanted to ask around and see what everybody else is using. Here's the 870 I'm getting.

870 sureshot.jpg

pitjeep

R.I.P.
    Jun 6, 2008
    pittsville
    i think you will like the sure shot stock. i love mine.i really like the nikon prostaff 3x9x40. i have them on 5 of my match shotguns without any problems so far.

outofthegame

May 21, 2010
    thinking 2-7 or 2-9. I looked at the Leupold VX1's but was warned about eye relief.

That is why I don't like the Leupold I have. I have that Nikon Omega scope for my muzzleloader and am much happier with it. I wish I had bought the Nikon version instead.

outofthegame

May 21, 2010
    The Leupold seems to be about an inch closer to my eye than I would like. The Nikon sits where I like it. I don't know what they claim for specs.

outofthegame

May 21, 2010
    The Leupold site claims 3.7 (4.2) inches eye relief, Nikon claims 5.0-5.0 inches eye relief. For what its worth.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I like mine alot it is super clear and very bright and I also like the heavy duplex compared to the regular duplex
    good luck on your purchase

I own a few leupolds and love them, good call on the heavy duplex. My muzzle loader has a heavy duplex and I love it.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    i have the Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on my slug gun and love it no fog up in this past seasons extreme weather and has not needed any adjustments since i put her on

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom