• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Just curious how are you guys getting your approval dates before they are mailed out? Is it by calling? Or is there a Web link your using?

SKroh

May 20, 2014
    West "By God" Virginia
    I just called.

2x Form 4 Suppressor - Trust
    Checks cashed: 8/17/15
    Approved: 1/16/16

Apparently someone was working at the NFA Branch on Saturday... on a holiday weekend. I'm a bit surprised.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I just called.

2x Form 4 Suppressor - Trust
    Checks cashed: 8/17/15
    Approved: 1/16/16

Apparently someone was working at the NFA Branch on Saturday... on a holiday weekend. I'm a bit surprised.

Still waiting for mine to be approved. Went Pending Sept 1, 2015.

Waiting until Feb 1 to call. Hopefully approved by then. I know they are swamped though.

Dave

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    E-file form 1 sbr
    9/29 submitted
    1/22 approved

My earliest ones have to be getting close. I have a few from early October then more in November, December and last week. Would probably make sense if they were all done at once. Wanna bet on the odds of that?

yamsaz

Jan 5, 2016
    I am just about at 6 months waiting on a Form 4. I doubt that these times will be reduced anytime soon, even with more examiners being hired, as I'm sure there has been/still is a run on NFA items given all the fear lately

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Form 1 (SBR) Efile via trust
    Submitted: 1 Oct 2015
    Approved: 28 Jan 2016

Form 4 (silencer) via trust
    Submitted: 26 Jan 2016

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    My earliest ones have to be getting close. I have a few from early October then more in November, December and last week. Would probably make sense if they were all done at once. Wanna bet on the odds of that?

Well hooray..... Out of 4-5 submitted form 1's I got back two today. Submitted 10/5 and one was approved 1/27. The other was NOT approved because I left the letters off the front of the freakin' Spikes lower!!! UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Well hooray..... Out of 4-5 submitted form 1's I got back two today. Submitted 10/5 and one was approved 1/27. The other was NOT approved because I left the letters off the front of the freakin' Spikes lower!!! UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Y'know I was wondering if I was supposed to include the letters in the serial number. I'm glad I did:D

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick

Damn. I just submitted one without the letters. What do you have to do to fix it. Resubmit the form with a correction or ask for refund and start the process all over again?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Damn. I just submitted one without the letters. What do you have to do to fix it. Resubmit the form with a correction or ask for refund and start the process all over again?

You have to cancel it, then resubmit. You will receive a refund...eventually. If this is an Efile, open your account, go to the top of the page where it says FAQ, Ask the experts(or something to that effect) etc. Open 'Ask the Experts' and ask how to go about canceling an Efile. BTDT:o

MMartini1969

NRA Member
    Jun 15, 2013
    Frederick
    You have to cancel it, then resubmit. You will receive a refund...eventually. If this is an Efile, open your account, go to the top of the page where it says FAQ, Ask the experts(or something to that effect) etc. Open 'Ask the Experts' and ask how to go about canceling an Efile. BTDT:o

Thanks Outrider58!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I should just unsubscribe from this thread. I nearly forgot I was waiting for something for the first month. Every time I see this thread pop up I'm in agony... :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom