• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Not always, if you call and are polite, usually they are pretty good about helping you out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Well, I finally mailed out my individual Form 4 this morning.

A while back (September?) my preferred WV gun store had a good deal on a GemTech HVT-THD 7.62. I snatched it up. Unfortunately, I was waiting to close on a house, which ended up missing multiple closing dates. By the time we finally closed, I had been promoted at work and thrust into a wild work schedule that was preventing me from 1) getting to the DMV to change my address, and 2) make it to the gun store during their open hours.

Last week I finally made it in and got everything squared away. I got my LEO signoff and fingerprints yesterday and mailed it all out this morning.

I'll be using the Gemtech 7.62 for two future (but still not acquired) firearms: 1) .300BLK AR pistol build (eventual SBR), and 2) .308 bolt action rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Account set-up is pretty easy and can be done same day. Just make sure you 'save' each page before moving on to the next. Make sure you enter your trust name exactly as it appears on the trust. Don't miss any dots and cross all your Ts(ask me how I know).

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Thanks man. That link is awesome. I was worried that it would take some time to register my account, but it seems as though it is almost automatic. Going to try to get this all done by Tuesday so I can relax a little on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and only worry about all the other work that I have to do. lol

You burning any of that oak yet? I've been so busy with work this year that I turned away several firewood opportunities this summer. Hoping the weather stays decent and I don't have to replace much in 2016, which will allow me to get further ahead with the wood piles. lol

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    Thanks man. That link is awesome. I was worried that it would take some time to register my account, but it seems as though it is almost automatic. Going to try to get this all done by Tuesday so I can relax a little on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and only worry about all the other work that I have to do. lol

You burning any of that oak yet? I've been so busy with work this year that I turned away several firewood opportunities this summer. Hoping the weather stays decent and I don't have to replace much in 2016, which will allow me to get further ahead with the wood piles. lol

At the rate I'm going through wood so far this year, I won't even get to it until next year :D Loving this warm weather!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    When I did my eForm 1's it just took forever (like 5-10 min, not exaggerating here I just stared at the screen and watched it think) for the payment window to open. I figured if ANYTHING on the ATF website would work perfectly it would have been the payment options but it was freaking out on me. Everything else was super quick and easy and that link previously posted is what I used as a guide. Worked great.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    When I did my eForm 1's it just took forever (like 5-10 min, not exaggerating here I just stared at the screen and watched it think) for the payment window to open. I figured if ANYTHING on the ATF website would work perfectly it would have been the payment options but it was freaking out on me. Everything else was super quick and easy and that link previously posted is what I used as a guide. Worked great.

Sometimes it is reasonable but it is usually so slooooowwwwwwwww that you expect the page to timeout and error. Then about a minute later the payment window pops up.

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    Got my trust notarized today and e-filed my first form 1 for an SBR, so excited but dreading the long wait!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Seems that things have slowed down considerably.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom