• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Says HBAR now . And low snd behold it is a heavy barrel. This might work for a heavy profile bull or semi bull, but I hardly believe stamping an M4 profile barrel will past mustard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guidance says the barrel must be marketed or stamped HBAR. No mention of profile.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    The guidance says the barrel must be marketed or stamped HBAR. No mention of profile.

Guidance is meant to imply some level of common sense approach. Problem is you have a bunch of bureaucrats writing shit that leave them an opening to interpret it any way they want. It just a question of what does “is” mean.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Guidance is meant to imply some level of common sense approach. Problem is you have a bunch of bureaucrats writing shit that leave them an opening to interpret it any way they want. It just a question of what does “is” mean.

But often times, their ignorance helps us. It is not in our best interest to tell them where they've screwed up.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

It’s there in black and white. There is NOTHING in the law defining profile. I believe the Colt SOCOM barrels are advertised as a heavy barrel and still have a grenade launcher cutout. My common sense says if the MSP says a barrel can be stamped HBAR and be legal. I have a barrel marked HBAR, I have satisfied that requirement. Believe me, I understand perfectly where you are coming from. The MSP guidance is not at all vague. The bigger part of the equation is that IDGAF. I’ve reach the limit of what I plan to comply with and worry about.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    You just hit a nerve,,,,
    I despise driving 301 through PG county,, never a bigger bunch of self centered, ignorant, morons.
    Even worse is driving on 301 through PG, AFTER spending a week driving in the Mid West,, where they know how to drive.
    The Left for passing/Right for travel is F*cking brilliant and works great.

Sorry I don’t pass people in the left lane only going 1/4 of a mile an hour faster LOL

windyhill

Mar 24, 2011
    Brownells “Colt” barrel, same profile as the MM. Unfortunately a bit more pricey. Saving the box!
    D9867-E5-B-CF85-4-C77-BE96-6-AF4-A248-E0-F5.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's not a bad price considering it's with a front sight/block. I've bought SOCOMS from them before.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    While 2020 tested my limits,,, I am a "rules man",, and while the rules are vague and nearly indecipherable on this subject,, I default to the safe side.

Now if "someone" was to resell these and list them as "Heavy",, I would be golden.

Stamp it HBAR.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I'm not super concerned about it but I understand the concerns. Two companies stamped HBAR on some barrels I ordered from them. Didn't charge me anything.

It's interesting to see some companies taking initiative. Ballistic Advantage sells an HBAR stamped barrel now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom