• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Has anyone spoken with the Panhandle gun shops to find out why there are no WV IP's? I know PDI is gone but they were pretty much AWOL from the boards for a while anyways. What about other shops like Valley Guns? Tannerman's?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Feel free to have them contact DD214 at the "contact us" button at the bottom of the homepage.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I do not know. PDI had posted nothing on the IP boards forever and when the small fee to become an IP was instituted i guess they were not around to pay? I am heading to Valley Guns II this week to check out a few carry guns and will ask about it. I know i have purchased 3 guns from IP's so they should jump on board.

Simms65

Oct 24, 2007
    Inwood, WV
    I've asked Travis in the past if he wanted to do something like that and thus far he has been uninterested. I'm here as myself, not as Tannerman's. :)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I do not know. PDI had posted nothing on the IP boards forever and when the small fee to become an IP was instituted i guess they were not around to pay? I am heading to Valley Guns II this week to check out a few carry guns and will ask about it. I know i have purchased 3 guns from IP's so they should jump on board.

Whatever happened to PDI???? He was good people and had great deals!

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Marlin i believe just got tired of dealing with the private sales part and just went back to LEO supply.

Iv'e been meaning to run by his shop lately to do a check up but just been busy. Iv'e been neglecting the local shops around here for a little bit sadly.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    So i swung by Valley Guns this past Saturday. After having a nice laugh at my expense when i asked if they had any M&P Shields (yeah i knew i was asking for it :) ) My paperwork for my new LCR .38 was filled out, phone call made and gun was mine....so glad i live in WV now :)

I asked if they had heard about MDShooters and recommended they join due to the number of members in the panhandle. The guy i was working with hadn't heard of the site and said he would check it out. I think his concern was the cost to the business to join as i believe he was quoted a crazy annual fee from another site at one point...I guess we shall wait and see....It would be nice to have a WV IP.

This is a nice shop with a decent selection, plenty of people behind the counter and what i believe is an underground range.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Has anyone spoken with the Panhandle gun shops to find out why there are no WV IP's? I know PDI is gone but they were pretty much AWOL from the boards for a while anyways. What about other shops like Valley Guns? Tannerman's?

I'm so glad you brought this up. I, too, have been wondering why no WV IP's on MDS.
    I hope this motivates some to join. :thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think his concern was the cost to the business to join as i believe he was quoted a crazy annual fee from another site at one point...

I think he'll be surprised at the value he gets from here. It's not expensive at all from what I'm being told that it costs to advertise elsewhere.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I think he'll be surprised at the value he gets from here. It's not expensive at all from what I'm being told that it costs to advertise elsewhere.

Agreed. I have purchased 3 guns from IPs and every time i went to their shops the other customers were board members. Worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom