• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Which is why you don't shove your finger up a deer's A$$.

As for cleaning the Butt Out, let the juicy butt particles dry completely. Then cut the dry butt particles off the tool with a sharp knife. I like to disinfect the tool with one cup of bleach and 3 cups of water in a one quart plastic container. Let it sit overnight and it will eat what ever butt bits are left on it.

I just take a knife and run it down and away, in the corner of the tool with the sharp side of the the knife facing out and it cuts all the intestine and you can just pull off the rest of it...wash and use next time.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I used one for the first time last week. For $9.99 its worth the cost. I think the whole thing from start to finish took about 30 seconds. Why not spend the money to make life easier.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    They work. They're not necessary, but they work and can save you a minute or two. Personally, I just use a small knife to dress/butcher the whole animal.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Use a stick instead, no need to risk a finger or wash it just leave it in the woods.

Who gets to clean the butt out?

It's not that hard to cut around the anus. I used to watch an old Florida rancher stick his finger in there and cut around it. If you screw up you introduce some nasty germs into your cut finger.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I don't get all the finger cutting/infection comments. I have found that cracking or cutting the pelvic bone is too much especially on a large whitetail. When cutting around the anus, you should not be puncturing the lower intestine- that is how you would expose yourself to waste bacteria. The outside of the anus is the first cut I make when field dressing. The toughest part is the outer skin. Once that is cut, it's pretty easy. I cut as far back as I can from the outside, then go about opening the chest cavity. Once I get everything out, I go back from the inside, and finish releasing the lower intestine/anus from the cavity in the pelvic bone. I also use the scalpel type knife with replaceable blades.

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    I have used it before and it does work as stated. Some of the guys I hunt with always use it a love it. For me, it did not save a great deal of time and then you have to clean the butt out tool. I personally prefer to just use my knife, but the tool does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom