• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Mags?

Bulgarian Circle 10s or steel milsurp (especially Yugo ones). These will always work.

MAGPUL is also going to be making 7.62x39 AK mags at some point, and I hope they'll be good.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB - GO PENS!

ziptiespec

I'm with you. When I know it is here I will order my first ammo, mags, etc...

Whoops... I already have some ammo coming =) No mags yet though. I need to slow up my spending on stuff that can still be acquired after October rolls around.

Also, I don't know who else here has ordered from Ky Gun Co., but expect some time to pass before things get shipped. My wife ordered a 10/22 on Apr 27. It shipped on May 18. The 10/22 will arrive at our FFL tomorrow. We probably won't have a change to swing by and fill out the papers until the weekend. Once the paper goes into MSP's black hole who knows how long it will be before we can burn through the 22LR I've been saving. My point is, KYGC takes a little while to get things shipped.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    IIRC it was about 400 pre-panic, so 600 these days isn't that bad. 700-800 still seems to be about the norm.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Do these have the correct magwell dimple or not, ala WASRs?

no magwell dimple. but they have welded extra metal in place of dimples, which makes them irrelevant. polymer mags are rock solid and steel have a slight wiggle to them

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The dimple provides strength to the weakest part of the receiver.
    The other way of doing that is welding reinforcement plates... which is what the M10 does. It's also only really helpful if you're doing full-auto fire, which I don't think the case is here. I'm not saying dimples are bad, I'm just saying that they're not necessary for a properly functioning rifle, nor are they some sort of sure-fire sign that a rifle is going to work correctly.

(Of all my five AKs, the only one with dimples is the cheapest one - a $400 TGI AMD-65. Food for thought.)

As for the M10's pre-panic price - they were running $500-$600 before the panic. The very earliest gen1 runs could be found for $400 on sale, but those had some issues that were fixed in gen2. IMHO, they're still a damned good deal at $600. Great gun for an SBR conversion, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom