• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Nothing secret. Dont see a reason to vote for Hogan again since he has not helped us to my satisfaction. I could care less what others think or do. He has a little time left to change my mind but the clock is ticking. And if he keeps md a sanctuary state I will push against him.

I have no secrets.
    Bowing to Casa De Maryland is perhaps the most dangerous thing that the government has done to our state. This huge failure by the state to protect its citizens (us) from the crime, voter fraud, and economic/educational destruction caused by those here illegally doom us for decades to come. Hogan has done nothing to stop this that I can tell. This plus the gun rights issue will likely push many of us to stay home or vote third party next election.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I read something awhile ago where Maryland is the 12Th state percentage wise to it`s population of gun ownership.That suggest to me there are a lot of democrats who own guns.

That is just NFA items....

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Now we just take whatever he wants up our buts and thank him for it.
    ...or we're considering the options and noting that Hogan is STILL the better choice than Default Democrat Candidate. you miss Anthony Brown's prospective anti-gun administration that badly?

candidate who stabs you in the back != candidate who can't do much for you, but is far from the worst option

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    ...or we're considering the options and noting that Hogan is STILL the better choice than Default Democrat Candidate. you miss Anthony Brown's prospective anti-gun administration that badly?

candidate who stabs you in the back != candidate who can't do much for you, but is far from the worst option

like I said he has a little time to do something, if not then I see little difference between Hogan and any other dem in there. and if he doesn't stand behind trump to get rid of md's sanctuary state status and if he doesn't try and do something about ccw he is worse than a dem because he didn't even try.

md is no safer now than before Hogan was elected. I cant tell any differences actually. I see no difference in my life with him in there vs omalley. just my observation.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Nothing secret. Dont see a reason to vote for Hogan again since he has not helped us to my satisfaction. I could care less what others think or do. He has a little time left to change my mind but the clock is ticking. And if he keeps md a sanctuary state I will push against him.

I have no secrets.

I have no dog in this fight. Just a perspective. The question to ask, IMHO, is whether an O'Malley clone would be worse than Gov. Hogan. That is easy for me to answer, as I have yet to see Gov. Hogan pushing any anti gun bill, much less a horrid bill like SB281 that O'Malley twisted arms to pass in 2013. Even a neutral is much better than an active enemy of gun rights, especially in this State, given the party affiliation of registered voters here. The future may become really interesting if the President elect manages to pass some legislation at the federal level. In the meantime, folks need to be sure that they are registered to vote and that their friends are too.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have no dog in this fight. Just a perspective. The question to ask, IMHO, is whether an O'Malley clone would be worse than Gov. Hogan. That is easy for me to answer, as I have yet to see Gov. Hogan pushing any anti gun bill, much less a horrid bill like SB281 that O'Malley twisted arms to pass in 2013. Even a neutral is much better than an active enemy of gun rights, especially in this State, given the party affiliation of registered voters here. The future may become really interesting if the President elect manages to pass some legislation at the federal level. In the meantime, folks need to be sure that they are registered to vote and that their friends are too.

I understand the thinking but its the fact that we have not seen Hogan do anything pro gun and if neutral is all we can hope for in this state with a so called republican governor knowing that sooner rather than later we will have another rabid anti constitution anti 2a lunatic dem in there for 8 years doing all the damage they can , well Marylanders should just grab their knees and bend over and assume the position.

I guess we can hope trump passes some pro gun pro carry legislation but the MGA wont be having any of that either.

something needs to happen in central Maryland ( and now chuck county) to bring things around. I just don't know what that is. a plague, terrorist attack, nuke hitting dc and erasing central md? I jest of course but short of the mga turning republican in those areas what can happen to make things move in a positive way?

and people wonder why so many folks leave Maryland and go south. people also ask me why my toybox is south of here. the mga sucks, the laws suck, the taxes suck, the implants suck. if it wasn't my family homeland for the last 375 years I would have been gone long ago.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand the thinking but its the fact that we have not seen Hogan do anything pro gun and if neutral is all we can hope for in this state with a so called republican governor knowing that sooner rather than later we will have another rabid anti constitution anti 2a lunatic dem in there for 8 years doing all the damage they can , well Marylanders should just grab their knees and bend over and assume the position.

I guess we can hope trump passes some pro gun pro carry legislation but the MGA wont be having any of that either.

something needs to happen in central Maryland ( and now chuck county) to bring things around. I just don't know what that is. a plague, terrorist attack, nuke hitting dc and erasing central md? I jest of course but short of the mga turning republican in those areas what can happen to make things move in a positive way?

and people wonder why so many folks leave Maryland and go south. people also ask me why my toybox is south of here. the mga sucks, the laws suck, the taxes suck, the implants suck. if it wasn't my family homeland for the last 375 years I would have been gone long ago.

Politics is well defined as "The Art of the Possible."

I'd rather have Hogan than any Dem candidate that's likely to be put up against him.

There are many ways to fight for one's homeland. Working to elect candidates that reflect one's views is pretty basic; whether or not they hold a mirror image of one's own views is relevant, to a degree. For the rest, see definition above.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Politics is well defined as "The Art of the Possible."

I'd rather have Hogan than any Dem candidate that's likely to be put up against him.

There are many ways to fight for one's homeland. Working to elect candidates that reflect one's views is pretty basic; whether or not they hold a mirror image of one's own views is relevant, to a degree. For the rest, see definition above.

Then central md should get to work electing some pro gun folks. And I would love to get back to working to get Hogan in again as soon as he shows he is pro gun and pro constitution and anti illegal immigrants.

Md saddens me.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    like I said he has a little time to do something, if not then I see little difference between Hogan and any other dem in there.
    Brown actively ran on a platform of "guns are evil" and certainly would have tried to expand on O'Malley's ... work, if only for cheap political points. whether or not you like what Hogan's done, that's the notable (if little) difference.

considering that the last Dem governor gave us FSA 2013, i see a big difference. not sure how that affected you (not being flip about that).

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Then central md should get to work electing some pro gun folks. And I would love to get back to working to get Hogan in again as soon as he shows he is pro gun and pro constitution and anti illegal immigrants.

Md saddens me.

Merry-Land saddens me too...

Let's look at the recent election, 64.8 out of every 100 of your neighbors voted AGAINST TRUMP & AGAINST all the NEW Republican candidates...

And those same 64.8 out of 100 neighbors voted FOR the ANTI-GUN Senators & Congressmen...

We only have 1 Republican Congressman (Andy RINO Harris) & ZERO Republican Senators...

We have a Republican Governor whose VETOES keep getting overridden...

Meanwhile the Elected State Government is STACKED with & led by ANTI GUN Democrats...

So exactly what can Hogan accomplish for us.?????

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Brown actively ran on a platform of "guns are evil" and certainly would have tried to expand on O'Malley's ... work, if only for cheap political points. whether or not you like what Hogan's done, that's the notable (if little) difference.

considering that the last Dem governor gave us FSA 2013, i see a big difference. not sure how that affected you (not being flip about that).

I also am not trying to be flip, but a governor doing nothing and it being praised as something all the while he has the chance to at the very least try and do something( tell the msp to accept self defense as g and s) just seems like political cowardess on his part, that or he just isn't going to help us at all.

and fsa caused me to spend 20k earlier than I expected to. other than that it just pissed me off by telling me no on something. I don't like to be told no.

Let's look at the recent election, 64.8 out of every 100 of your neighbors voted AGAINST TRUMP & AGAINST all the NEW Republican candidates...

And those same 64.8 out of 100 neighbors voted FOR the ANTI-GUN Senators & Congressmen...

We only have 1 Republican Congressman (Andy RINO Harris) & ZERO Republican Senators...

Meanwhile the Elected State Government is STACKED with & led by ANTI GUN Democrats...

he could at least try.......

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I also am not trying to be flip, but a governor doing nothing and it being praised as something all the while he has the chance to at the very least try and do something( tell the msp to accept self defense as g and s) just seems like political cowardess on his part, that or he just isn't going to help us at all.

and fsa caused me to spend 20k earlier than I expected to. other than that it just pissed me off by telling me no on something. I don't like to be told no.

he could at least try.......

And if you want to spend another 20k then vote for someone not named Hogan in 2018.

I don't recall anywhere on this board where anyone is praising Hogan up and down and acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread for the 2A, but let's be realistic. Given the nature of the population and GA in this state the fact that in the two years since Hogan has taken office we no longer have the shell casing law, fingerprints are not required for renewal of permit holders and the HPRB has all five new members and although there are mixed results there are damn sure more permits being issued through that venue than would be if Brownstain had picked the members of the board.

We didn't get into this mess overnight and we certainly aren't going to get out of it quickly either. Would I like LH to tell Pallozzi to accept self defense as G&S? Absolutely. But to do it right now would be political suicide and rain down a shit storm from the GA. Is that what you want? I don't.

LH only has so much political capital to spend and he is not going to use it on a subject that polls way down on the list of voters, R, D & I, who he needs to get re-elected. As much as you, me and the vast majority of MDS members don't like it that is the reality we face at the moment.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And if you want to spend another 20k then vote for someone not named Hogan in 2018.

I don't recall anywhere on this board where anyone is praising Hogan up and down and acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread for the 2A, but let's be realistic. Given the nature of the population and GA in this state the fact that in the two years since Hogan has taken office we no longer have the shell casing law, fingerprints are not required for renewal of permit holders and the HPRB has all five new members and although there are mixed results there are damn sure more permits being issued through that venue than would be if Brownstain had picked the members of the board.

We didn't get into this mess overnight and we certainly aren't going to get out of it quickly either. Would I like LH to tell Pallozzi to accept self defense as G&S? Absolutely. But to do it right now would be political suicide and rain down a shit storm from the GA. Is that what you want? I don't.

LH only has so much political capital to spend and he is not going to use it on a subject that polls way down on the list of voters, R, D & I, who he needs to get re-elected. As much as you, me and the vast majority of MDS members don't like it that is the reality we face at the moment.

Your correct in that he won't be helping us, that's my opinion, and he probably never was. He has political aspirations and we will be of no help to him so we get nothing. He should have run as a moderate dem because that's what he is and he would be assured of reelection. So in two years it will be back to md as usual. Sad

And I intend to spend another 20 k, just not here, sadly.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Your correct in that he won't be helping us, that's my opinion, and he probably never was. He has political aspirations and we will be of no help to him so we get nothing. He should have run as a moderate dem because that's what he is and he would be assured of reelection. So in two years it will be back to md as usual. Sad

And I intend to spend another 20 k, just not here, sadly.

Let's give credit, however small, where credit is due. If LH wasn't interested in helping the 2A community he would not have picked who he has to serve on the HPRB.

Granted, not all of them have panned out. Hard to imagine that two NRA instructors could possibly be the worst choice but how would LH know that? I didn't, and neither did the people who recommended them to LH.

To say he's done nothing is just patently false.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Honestly do we want another D for governor? Someone who will actively pursue more gun control? If so, don't vote for Hogan... He's not done anything *for* gun owners, but he also has not done anything to make things worse for gun owners.

Only the legislature can do anything *for* gun owners. Hogan can't make (or break) laws. If you don't like how that's going, get more people to vote for pro-gun people in the MGA.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Exactly right. Hogan doesn't make laws, he executes them - that's his job.

Our job is to elect legislators who support our positions. Given the Democratic Party's lock on the state's lawmaking body, the route to that end is to find and support Democratic candidates who are sympathetic to our positions. This will require DINO actions, and will take years, not weeks, to accomplish.

Meanwhile, supporting Hogan as a Republican may help swing a few districts away from Dem control, by underscoring the benefits that he has delivered.

An effective movement toward more equal representation in MD is critical for any real success. That means that Hogan, or some other "moderate," must be in office for the next round of election-district adjustment, which occurs only once in ten years.

It took decades of voter indifference to create the Totalitarian State of Maryland. It's not going to be unmade this month. It's not going to be unmade at all, unless those who oppose it can learn to function effectively in the political arena, and spend the time and effort that will be necessary.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Let's give credit, however small, where credit is due. If LH wasn't interested in helping the 2A community he would not have picked who he has to serve on the HPRB.

Granted, not all of them have panned out. Hard to imagine that two NRA instructors could possibly be the worst choice but how would LH know that? I didn't, and neither did the people who recommended them to LH.

To say he's done nothing is just patently false.

I will concede that the hprb is better and a few dozen permits may well get pushed thru that wouldn't have. the thing is its SO little it cant really make a difference to anyone but the few dozen who get their permits thru the board while Hogan is governor. as soon as he is not governor the dem in place will change the make up of the board one way or another and again back to the way its been.

a much bigger change would be to make self defense g and s the day after sine die and let as many permits get done as possible until opening of the session the next year. I know an assistant ag says it cant be done but nothing beats a try but a failure. theres no way to know until something is tried.

I do wish things were different. the longer it takes the farther south, north, west and east this dem disease spreads either by population pushes like what has happened in chuck county or Gerrymandering. either way the disease grows. and all of Maryland is a sanctuary for illegals and this is ruining this state from border to border. I would like to think Hogan would stand with trump and do something about the illegals and be around to work on gerrymandering but he has done so little I feel he wont and if he doesn't do anything I consider worthwhile I cant support him and many others feel the same way. I wish it were not true and I hope for the best but I have serious doubts.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Honestly do we want another D for governor? Someone who will actively pursue more gun control? If so, don't vote for Hogan... He's not done anything *for* gun owners, but he also has not done anything to make things worse for gun owners.

Only the legislature can do anything *for* gun owners. Hogan can't make (or break) laws. If you don't like how that's going, get more people to vote for pro-gun people in the MGA.

Hogan at best is a rino and more realistically he is a moderate democrat. he surely isn't a republican in the true sense of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom