• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    PSA sent out this daily deal via their email. I picked up 3 boxes to get free shipping, 7.6 cents/rd like other recent deals from other retailers.

federal-22lr-36gr-copper-plated-hp-525rd-value-pack.

It's not bad, but Gander Mountain has had those in stock on occasion for $25 a box and free shipping on orders over $50...

Though they often limit you to only 1 box of bulk, but it is also only $5 in shipping, so still cheaper per round.

I did just shift my ammo around so I have my .308/7.62 in a .50 cal ammo can instead of in an MTM 4.5" crate with my 22lr so I've got room for probably 2 bricks or a little more of 22lr. I moved my 525 and a pair of 325 automatch boxes that were in a .50cal can with my .223/5.56 in to the crate which had been maxed out before.

So now my .223/5.56 .50cal can is maxed out, my 22lr crate has a bit of room (about 4K rounds in it), my 12/20ga crate is only has about a box of room in it (I've got a 100rnd .223 box in there also as spill over from my .223/5.56 storage can) and the .50cal can with .308/7.62 in it has room for probably 5 boxes if they are the smaller packed boxes, maybe 3 of the larger packed boxes.

I've got one empty .30 cal can and a .50 left. Time to stock up at black Friday if there are any good deals!!! Oh and find the time to get my butt to the range!

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    DICKS HAS SALE: 22LR FEDERAL AUTOMATCH IN STORE AT $18.74 PER BOX OF 325 LESS THAN .06/ROUND PRE TAX
    Crofton has lots and no limit I bought 5 boxes
    I saw a 1000 round box of M22 AT JUST UNDER $70 They has lots of 22LR just federal on sale though

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    DICKS HAS SALE: 22LR FEDERAL AUTOMATCH IN STORE AT $18.74 PER BOX OF 325 LESS THAN .06/ROUND PRE TAX
    Crofton has lots and no limit I bought 5 boxes

That's not a bad deal.

My new 10/22 Takedown seems to really like the Winchester 40gr hollowpoints that come in the 555 round boxes, though. I need to be on the lookout for those.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Bah, I had time to kill so I drove up to Westminster and bought 3 boxes. They were down to maybe only 60 boxes. Not sure if they've gotten more but when I got my 10/22 back July 4th they had like 300 boxes stacked around.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    If you're not in a hurry, some of their deal are good. I did buy some 308 ammo from them at a great price, but they're not my go to place for ammo.

Yup.

The occasionally have ammo sales that are *great* deals. They were clearing out some SIG .300BLK ammo a while back and they had really nice subsonic stuff for around $0.50 a round, for example. Sometimes they've had sales on 5.56 (90 round packs of Federal XM193 on strippers for $26) that have been good deals too.

Their .22 prices? Not so great.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yup.

The occasionally have ammo sales that are *great* deals. They were clearing out some SIG .300BLK ammo a while back and they had really nice subsonic stuff for around $0.50 a round, for example. Sometimes they've had sales on 5.56 (90 round packs of Federal XM193 on strippers for $26) that have been good deals too.

Their .22 prices? Not so great.

Yup, 22lr prices suck. Centerfire can be decent, especially some of their sales. Example, I don't remember the exact required quantity, but they had Federal xm193 for something like $7.49 a box and free shipping on 20+ boxes.

I am not saying you can't do better if you work on it, but that is pretty good. Or their BCGs that they often have 120rnd xm855 or xm193 for $99.

With coupons/deals w/ cabelas I've been able to get 5.56 for around 26c a round, but that is limited quantities and really working at it (discounted gift card, $20 coupon off $100+, ammo on sale and active junky). It was for IMI m193 and m855 with a box of federal xm80 thrown in for good measure.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    PSA is great for certain items. Ammo is not, has never been, and never will be one of them.

Several years ago, PSA was my go-to for cheap ammo. Then they decided that they weren't going to sell to Monkey County residents.

They were OK with the prices, so long as you weren't in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom