• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    Not for any kind of carry, just range/sport shooting at a buddy's farm. Anyone have a particular holster their fond of?

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Blackhawk Serpa.

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Safariland.

Their holster finder has at least a few options for the USP's.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like the Safariland ALS, a little bulkier, but far more secure and solid than the Serpa, still not too expensive. It protects well, won't come loose during a fall, and being open top allows either cocked and locked or hammer down DA. It's my goto range/OC/hiking holster. It's a little slow for competition, and too bulky to conceal well, so it's use is limited, but it does what it was designed for well.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The paddle on the Serpa is still one of the most comfortable out there, IMO.

Safariland's paddle isn't bad either (for me).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And most stable of any out there. Big and wide with those belt hooks.

That's where I feel it's more of a tie with my Safariland. The 6378 just doesn't move around on me. Same clothes and belt, they're VERY close - for me.

But the Serpa's definitely got the nod on comfort, it's got just the right amount of give on the paddle. That's my only gripe with my Safariland.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    My favorite holster for the purposes you describe is the Fobus paddle holster. Well made, super secure on your belt, positive retention, doesn't rattle, easy draw, and very inexpensive. What's not to like? I use one for my full-size USP 40.

Like this:
    https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/GanderMountainOvertons/445560_L1?$product$

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Pretty much my thoughts.

Wow. Such a lack of a real response. Do you use one? I use one for my xD, when I go hunting every year. It does what I want it to do.

If you want to be a tacti-cool operator, then go right ahead. Bash the Serpa all you want, but when somebody throws you a holster and a gun, and the holster happens to be a Serpa, I can bet that you won't complain one bit.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Wow. Such a lack of a real response. Do you use one? I use one for my xD, when I go hunting every year. It does what I want it to do.

If you want to be a tacti-cool operator, then go right ahead. Bash the Serpa all you want, but when somebody throws you a holster and a gun, and the holster happens to be a Serpa, I can bet that you won't complain one bit.

I never complain about free shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom