Heritage Training Center Not Doing Well??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And, btw, what would be more interesting is if a friend programs the sequence for you, so you don't know what to expect in terms of time intervals. They can incorporate a full flip too, where you can have a friendly on the back (but would need to determine which holes are passthroughs vs hit straight on) or designate the back as headshots only or have a different target silhouette, etc. The sequence can be set up to start from the edge, so you won't know what you'll face first.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm always rapid firing for part of my session there, as are people around me. As long as it's controlled, they don't care.

On the flipping target, I'm also starting from low ready to sight on the target quickly with a few shots in rapid succession, target flips sideways, I lower my firearm with finger off the trigger, repeat.

I also leave several loaded mags on the bench, so I can quickly do slide lock mag changes (with muzzle downrange) while the timer is running and the target is flipping.

I have a couple coupons with each for an hour's worth of free range time (they've been handing them out at the Frederick IDPA meets). I'll give you one if you're curious about the dynamic targets.

You might have to pay a one time $10 fee for a pictureless ID card after you do finish your first timers PowerPoint safety regulations video. The RO at the lanes will also ask if you want to keep your brass.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I might have to go investigate this place...

I need more practice on the Bill Drill for my rematch with Minuteman and psycosteve. I need to get below 3.50 seconds, from low ready.

Tnt9506

Feb 27, 2016
    Poolesville
    You might have to pay a one time $10 fee for a pictureless ID card after you do finish your first timers PowerPoint safety regulations video.

My picture was taken when I paid the fee at the counter before receiving the card.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Went there Sat. afternoon with wife and a friend. Nice facility, professional & courteous staff, a bit pricey, and a long drive from Laurel. Okay for an occasional visit when too hot or cold for AGC. Overheard 2 RSOs talking "we have 7 years to make this place profitable, I'm not gonna let some stupid stuff make us miss that." Did not hear what the "stupid stuff" was.
    Got there around 1:00 spent 2 hrs, 1 range open, was never full. At most I saw seven lanes being used.

Edit to add-

Most of the people there in the time I was there were first timers. Noted because they took safety brief.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Md Firearms Training Academy in Beltsville is supposed to be opening this yr. Offers ranges & services similar to Elite without the long drive.

Failed to fly. Landlord has signed other tennants to the building and construction for those tennants is underway.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Went there Sat. afternoon with wife and a friend. Nice facility, professional & courteous staff, a bit pricey, and a long drive from Laurel. Okay for an occasional visit when too hot or cold for AGC. Overheard 2 RSOs talking "we have 7 years to make this place profitable, I'm not gonna let some stupid stuff make us miss that." Did not hear what the "stupid stuff" was.
    Got there around 1:00 spent 2 hrs, 1 range open, was never full. At most I saw seven lanes being used.

Edit to add-

Most of the people there in the time I was there were first timers. Noted because they took safety brief.

If they are talking about it then they aren't doing well. Bummer because I like the place but their prices just aren't competitive. It maybe only $5 per trip more but that adds up to a lot after a while.

I think they really need to adjust to yearly memberships.

Troy1

May 27, 2016
    I asked at the front desk about memberships on my way out Sunday morning. The guy said they were currently working to finalize plans and they should be available in August. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Edit: meant to quote your last post pilot, sorry.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just letting a minor shoot with you, included in the range fee would bring some more perhaps. I'd go more if that happened.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The minor thing is a big issue, my 16 yr old daughter likes to shoot, is a member of my AGC club and shoots a rifle better than I.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Seems like they are very liability/ risk conscious. The single gun issue, all the "hold harmless" language in the release form. Telling you that, should something happen and you're injured, they will not render first aid.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    Went last night since I didn't get off late. The range was pretty dead around 7pm. People started coming in around 7:30-8p to shoot.

Free range time indeed with my other range card.

Things have changed in the last few months and not sure how things are going there. Retail should stay open till 9p with the rest of the building. Countless people were asking about Retail.

Hmm,,, cut me off early one day (10 minutes). Showed them my receipt and said it was a glitch in the system. Honest mistake I guess. They really didn't seem to care though.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    Md Firearms Training Academy in Beltsville is supposed to be opening this yr. Offers ranges & services similar to Elite without the long drive.

Very interesting! I know there is supposedly a range in Beltsville that was not open to the public that federal law enforcement used to use for practice. Is this the same facility? Beltsville is less than 10 minutes from my office

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Very interesting! I know there is supposedly a range in Beltsville that was not open to the public that federal law enforcement used to use for practice. Is this the same facility? Beltsville is less than 10 minutes from my office

I think you might be thinking of the Secret Service training facility off of the parkway.

MDFTA was going to be right on 201 about a mile south of the train station; they were going to use the whole building. Signs up for a lighting wholesaler as tennant #1 in the warehouse/office complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom