• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Sorry i i forgot to upload yesterday, got up on the room to clean the gutters out before the snow and worked on a few other things around here. Here is the pic of the stuff that came with

Attachments

• 20171208_015724.jpg
      20171208_015724.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 331

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I haven't taken pictures yet because I haven't had time, but I picked up a Yugo M98 that was mislabeled as a Yugo M48. It does not appear to be all matching, but the bore looked great and the stock had character that appealed to me. Got it fairly cheap.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I haven't taken pictures yet because I haven't had time, but I picked up a Yugo M98 that was mislabeled as a Yugo M48. It does not appear to be all matching, but the bore looked great and the stock had character that appealed to me. Got it fairly cheap.

My favorite kinda deals. I have bought guns that way and at good prices many times

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Brought this home the other night, was talking with my buddy about something else and we got on the subject of a rifle i had that he was interested in. I had to give him that and some extras as mine wasnt worth quite as much but this followed me home. .308 enfield. Not a bad looker and has a nice bore.

Attachments

• 20171211_192636.jpg
      20171211_192636.jpg
      147.9 KB · Views: 272

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Love that Ishapore, I have one of my own. If you ever consider parting with it let me know, Dad kind of liked mine.

How the hell do you get the funding for all your purchases??? You're the man Oldcarjunkie

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Love that Ishapore, I have one of my own. If you ever consider parting with it let me know, Dad kind of liked mine.

How the hell do you get the funding for all your purchases??? You're the man Oldcarjunkie

Im the broke man :lol2::lol2: I think the reason i end up with so much is i wont walk away from a good deal, I will take the money from savings cause its not like im throwing the money away, im just moving it to a investment. One that seems to grow better than the bank anyway. I will however walk from Most deals if they are Not a good deal. I have walked away from stuff that was the average going rate cause i thought it was too high and i always seem to find another later at what im willing to pay.

This rifle was just a trade, i dont have money for anything else right now. I have another Tokarev on layaway at a good price as it was missing/had broken grips. I am just throwing 40 at a time at them for now.

I try to trade stuff when i can. I got my oldest son a brand new dewalt drill and impact set from the pawn the other day for a trade of snap on tools. I did give up about 250 worth of tools(what i could have sold them for..retail around 600) But a few years back I bought about 10K in tools for 3K, sold a bunch on evil bay and other places at 50-60% of retail and made about 4K back. I also got to keep about Half of the tools for myself. So I really had nothing in what i traded at this point and the kid will be thrilled with the set for Christmas.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Im the broke man :lol2::lol2: I think the reason i end up with so much is i wont walk away from a good deal, I will take the money from savings cause its not like im throwing the money away, im just moving it to a investment. One that seems to grow better than the bank anyway. I will however walk from Most deals if they are Not a good deal. I have walked away from stuff that was the average going rate cause i thought it was too high and i always seem to find another later at what im willing to pay.

This rifle was just a trade, i dont have money for anything else right now. I have another Tokarev on layaway at a good price as it was missing/had broken grips. I am just throwing 40 at a time at them for now.

I try to trade stuff when i can. I got my oldest son a brand new dewalt drill and impact set from the pawn the other day for a trade of snap on tools. I did give up about 250 worth of tools(what i could have sold them for..retail around 600) But a few years back I bought about 10K in tools for 3K, sold a bunch on evil bay and other places at 50-60% of retail and made about 4K back. I also got to keep about Half of the tools for myself. So I really had nothing in what i traded at this point and the kid will be thrilled with the set for Christmas.

You and I sound very similar my friend. I can't say no to a good deal either. I love old tools, old signs, and old guns. Girlfriend can't seem to understand why. When I get the house done it's going to be open season on the firearms purchases :lol2:

Problem is the few "investments" I've bought end up as keepers; I get attached.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    No pictures yet because I fail at life, but I just finally got the K31 I reserved from Bull Moose. It appears to be in pretty fantastic shape minus a dinged up stock that may or may not be matching. Receiver, bolt, barrel, and magazine are for sure matching. Interestingly enough, it appears to be a private series rifle manufactured in 1951. Would have honestly preferred a nice milsurp with some interesting markings and stock character, but I'll call that $500ish well spent.

Stock is really interesting. A much darker color than I was expecting. Century import markings are nice and prominent on the right side of the receiver :(

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    No pictures yet because I fail at life, but I just finally got the K31 I reserved from Bull Moose. It appears to be in pretty fantastic shape minus a dinged up stock that may or may not be matching. Receiver, bolt, barrel, and magazine are for sure matching. Interestingly enough, it appears to be a private series rifle manufactured in 1951. Would have honestly preferred a nice milsurp with some interesting markings and stock character, but I'll call that $500ish well spent.

Stock is really interesting. A much darker color than I was expecting. Century import markings are nice and prominent on the right side of the receiver :(

Why do you think it is a private series rifle?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Why do you think it is a private series rifle?
    Because it has the P. prefix to the serial number, and according to the Swiss rifle database, the serial is a private series one. I don't see any overt indications like a P stamp to signify a troop take-home. Additionally when I searched without the P prefix to the serial, the only K31 that came up was the same private series information.

I certainly could be wrong, but from my limited research that seems to be conclusive. Would love to have someone who actually knows their Swiss rifles take a look.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Because it has the P. prefix to the serial number, and according to the Swiss rifle database, the serial is a private series one. I don't see any overt indications like a P stamp to signify a troop take-home. Additionally when I searched without the P prefix to the serial, the only K31 that came up was the same private series information.

I certainly could be wrong, but from my limited research that seems to be conclusive. Would love to have someone who actually knows their Swiss rifles take a look.

Ah, gotcha. Sounds right. A lot of people (like Sweaty Ben) see a P stamped near the S/N and conclude that it’s one of dem rare private series rifles.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just filled out paperwork for a PPK from a member who is a pleasure to deal with. Nice 1939 Crown N very similar to the one I have already. Couldn't resist getting a couple more AR lowers while I was doing paperwork.

Good honest example of a pre-war PPK.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpg
      IMG_1291.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 188
    Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just filled out paperwork for a PPK from a member who is a pleasure to deal with. Nice 1939 Crown N very similar to the one I have already. Couldn't resist getting a couple more AR lowers while I was doing paperwork.

BTW does anyone know where to get repro 1 piece wrap around grips to replace the delicate bakelite?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    don't know if they are any good but:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-PPK-Gr...419374?hash=item4d63987bee:g:ENcAAOSwyXNaGg~9

or if you want something classy:
    http://grips4u.net/product/walther-ppk-grips-checkered-logo/

I've seen other ones on eBay from time to time. Not sure if "Vit" sells them, if so they will be good quality (he's not listing any right now).

Thanks. Really would like something that looks like the marbled bakelite. I (now) have two of these guns and would like something that looks pre-war. I know a couple years ago you could get the poly "party leader" grips. Wasn't crazy about them but at least they looked right for the gun and era.

Jul 1, 2012
    Vintage Grips still has the party leader grips, not sure how accurate they are or how good the color is.
    I don't know of any repros that have the "marbled" look to the material though.
    Might try asking over on the Walther forum or the PP/PPK-P38 forum....

Try Tom Heller also... I'll dig up his info

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Ok, so I haven't actually got it yet and it's techically not C&R, but it arrives tomorrow and I'm excited about it...

My new Webley (auction pic):

ke1En9.jpg

It's been bubba'd....but I'm pretty sure it's contemporary to the gun. It appears to be a Webley Number 1 1/2, with a cut down barrel. It's not a Pug, because the P. Webley and Son and St. James's London appear on the topstrap, its in .4xx caliber, and it has an octagonal barrel. It's allegedly in .455, but I'm pretty sure it's in .450 Adams or .442 CF. Should be 1868ish in date. An unbubba'd one appears on page 36 of Joel Black's excellent book "Webley Solid Frame Revolvers: Nos. 1, 1 1/2, 2, Bulldogs, and Pugs"

What really made me want it were the mods. The shortened barrel, the bobbed hammer, and the extractor rod (it screwed into the bottom of the handle, removed by unscrewing a very catch-on-clothing knob at the bottom) has been removed....meaning it was definitely meant to be hidden but quickly employed. It's nickel plated, so it's also meant to be stylish. Somewhat strange in open carry Olde West times. Everything about it feels nefarious and, since there's no documented history on it, I'm confident in saying this was 100% definitely used by Doc Holliday to protect himself during his more...creative...methods of winning card games. :lol2:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

I'm envious, that's a nice example! Those 1 pc grips are so fragile and hard to find intact. Good idea to source a repop before taking to the range.
    Been hunting a pre-war 90 deg safety version for a while now. You know me, it'll take forever but will happen some day. Then again, you never can tell when something nice will fall into your lap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom