• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you arbitrarily have only 50rds , you could obtain benefit and enjoyment , but you would be consciously conserving and stretching out your supply . 500rds , you'd be resorting to mag dumps to get thru all of it just to say you did .

So , somewhere inbetween .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah I'm aware I just can't remember the name of the actual Club, no I didn't think there was a little person taking a leak but Electronics are not always reliable

These are, for this. If they fail, they fail soft, they turn into dumb muffs.

The electronics pick up the sound and repeat it inside the muff. There are a couple of ways they cut off the loud sounds. The simplest just cannot create a sound that loud.

Next up cut out when the input gets too loud.

The best, use compression, which keeps all the sound info, but reduces it to a safe level.

Again, if the fail, you don't hear soft sounds.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm just trying to get a reference point. Then I can make an educated guess

More than you think you will shoot. :)

Again, it really depends. What are you working on? Why are you at the range? How much time do you have?

As a newby, better to shoot less, but work on everyone being perfect to build skills.

But some blasting is great fun. :D

moongdss74

Dec 26, 2018
    Reisterstown, MD
    These are interesting pieces of equipment I did not know existed. But do they work 100% of the time? The indoor ranges are Superbad at least the one I've been to Maryland Small Arms. What's the likelihood of a gun going off and the electronics not catching it? My wife is definitely super sensitive with ear plugs and muffs she was having a tough time in there. Is it bad etiquette to listen to music while shooting?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I have these and I find that indoor ranges are too loud or my hearing is too sensitive. I just use foam plugs in addition to the electronic muffs

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I have these and I find that indoor ranges are too loud or my hearing is too sensitive. I just use foam plugs in addition to the electronic muffs
    I think at first I'm going to go with 34nrr muffs, 34+ plugs, I don't have any outdoor ranges near me

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Does anyone own a M&P9 2.0, I've been trying to find the schematics for for it but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Does anyone know how I May obtain a complete breakdown of the firearm?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Does anyone own a M&P9 2.0, I've been trying to find the schematics for for it but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Does anyone know how I May obtain a complete breakdown of the firearm?

When you say complete breakdown, are you saying for field stripping/cleaning, or are you talking about every single pin and spring?

If you are looking for information on tearing it down for cleaning and lubrication, it is in your owners manual.

If you are looking for the one that has every pin and spring, you probably won't even get that from S&W, unless you are a gunsmith, armorer, or hold a S&W certification.

Honestly, I can't understand why you would want a full schematic for the gun, when you won't be able to us that information correctly. All it would do is show you what the parts are that are in it, not how to replace those parts.

If you were asking about a Glock or a 1911, then I'd be on board, but not for the S&W pistol you have.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    When you say complete breakdown, are you saying for field stripping/cleaning, or are you talking about every single pin and spring?

If you are looking for information on tearing it down for cleaning and lubrication, it is in your owners manual.

If you are looking for the one that has every pin and spring, you probably won't even get that from S&W, unless you are a gunsmith, armorer, or hold a S&W certification.

Honestly, I can't understand why you would want a full schematic for the gun, when you won't be able to us that information correctly. All it would do is show you what the parts are that are in it, not how to replace those parts.

If you were asking about a Glock or a 1911, then I'd be on board, but not for the S&W pistol you have.
    A complete breakdown I want to be able to to do my own work on it. I just see they have the breakdown for m&p just not for the 2.0 not even a tekmat.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A complete breakdown I want to be able to to do my own work on it. I just see they have the breakdown for m&p just not for the 2.0 not even a tekmat.

Odds are you won't get one or find one, because it isn't being issued to LE in massive quantities like the normal M&P series.

While applaud you for wanting to do your own work on your pistol, don't you think you are jumping into the deep end of the pool without the knowledge of how deep the water is? I mean this is your first gun ever, according to your original post in the thread. Do you have the correct tools, gauges, and other things that you will need to do that kind of work on your own?

Realistically speaking, replacing the trigger or other things on it can be done, yes, but you have access to a resource like MDS. There is at least one member on here that would be willing to help you do those things, when the time comes.

How do I know this you may ask. Well over the years, I have helped many members with things and in return many members have helped me with things. Case in point: I had a problem with my Glock 22. I explained the problem and more than a few members chimed in and told me what to look of and what was probably wrong. I went and fixed the problem, or so I thought at the time, but the issue wasn't resolved. When I reported the Glock wasn't fixed, a fellow member reached out to me and offered to fix it for me and host me at his club range, so I would be able to test fire it the day he resolved the issue. I whet to the range with a non-functional Glock and within 5 minutes, the member had it fixed and let me run a few mags through it to verify it worked. That member was a retired LE officer that held a Glock Armorer cert through his department, because he was the department armorer.

On the other side of the coin, I have helped members with AR's and reloading.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think at first I'm going to go with 34nrr muffs, 34+ plugs, I don't have any outdoor ranges near me

FYI, 34 NRR muffs and 20 NRR plugs give the same effective protection as 34 muffs and 34 plugs.

You take the higher protection factor, and add 5 dB for the second protection, no matter the rating.

So 34 muffs and any plugs rated 34 or lower gives you 39 dB NRR.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    FYI, 34 NRR muffs and 20 NRR plugs give the same effective protection as 34 muffs and 34 plugs.

You take the higher protection factor, and add 5 dB for the second protection, no matter the rating.

So 34 muffs and any plugs rated 34 or lower gives you 39 dB NRR.
    I do understand that, I meant to say one or the other, I wasn't planning on doubling up, unless I found one to be inadequate

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Odds are you won't get one or find one, because it isn't being issued to LE in massive quantities like the normal M&P series.

While applaud you for wanting to do your own work on your pistol, don't you think you are jumping into the deep end of the pool without the knowledge of how deep the water is? I mean this is your first gun ever, according to your original post in the thread. Do you have the correct tools, gauges, and other things that you will need to do that kind of work on your own?

Realistically speaking, replacing the trigger or other things on it can be done, yes, but you have access to a resource like MDS. There is at least one member on here that would be willing to help you do those things, when the time comes.

How do I know this you may ask. Well over the years, I have helped many members with things and in return many members have helped me with things. Case in point: I had a problem with my Glock 22. I explained the problem and more than a few members chimed in and told me what to look of and what was probably wrong. I went and fixed the problem, or so I thought at the time, but the issue wasn't resolved. When I reported the Glock wasn't fixed, a fellow member reached out to me and offered to fix it for me and host me at his club range, so I would be able to test fire it the day he resolved the issue. I whet to the range with a non-functional Glock and within 5 minutes, the member had it fixed and let me run a few mags through it to verify it worked. That member was a retired LE officer that held a Glock Armorer cert through his department, because he was the department armorer.

On the other side of the coin, I have helped members with AR's and reloading.
    No, eventually I will, for now I'm just information gathering. First gun I've owned yes, I was licensed in Virginia to carry 9, 38 for work. I was not able to take home

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Opinions on this bag. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074N7T46/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=gunpl-20
    Explorer Tactical Concealed Carry Crossbody Shoulder Messenger Bag Black

Why would you want that? It is useless as a range bag and good luck getting a carry permit in MD. If you were to CC outside of MD, you would not want a messenger bag in a shop or place to eat, it is easy to yank it from you and run. Thieves will see it in your car and steal it, thinking it is a laptop or some other electronics are in there.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Why would you want that? It is useless as a range bag and good luck getting a carry permit in MD. If you were to CC outside of MD, you would not want a messenger bag in a shop or place to eat, it is easy to yank it from you and run. Thieves will see it in your car and steal it, thinking it is a laptop or some other electronics are in there.
    I didn't want it for carrying concealed just to transport but good point. Thanks

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I didn't want it for carrying concealed just to transport but good point. Thanks

Look, your pistol came with a carrying case. Why not use that and see how it works out for you. Lord knows, I've used the pistol cases that came with sidearms for a long time, before I bought a better case. Granted, in my old age I've come to realize I have expensive tastes and I'm considering the possibility of going Pelican cases for everything I can, but that is a ton of money, when you are looking at $100+ per case, per weapon, because of having to cut the foam.

Take a look at these.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/684471/plano-tactical-series-18-pistol-case-polymer-black
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-alumalock-quad-handgun-case-aluminum-polymer
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/828277/mtm-double-pistol-case-155-black
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/819348/plano-protector-single-pistol-case-13-black

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Look, your pistol came with a carrying case. Why not use that and see how it works out for you. Lord knows, I've used the pistol cases that came with sidearms for a long time, before I bought a better case. Granted, in my old age I've come to realize I have expensive tastes and I'm considering the possibility of going Pelican cases for everything I can, but that is a ton of money, when you are looking at $100+ per case, per weapon, because of having to cut the foam.

Take a look at these.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/684471/plano-tactical-series-18-pistol-case-polymer-black
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-alumalock-quad-handgun-case-aluminum-polymer
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/828277/mtm-double-pistol-case-155-black
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/819348/plano-protector-single-pistol-case-13-black
    I don't have any issues with using the case to just transport the gun for this or that. But for carrying multiple things like going to the range I wanted one bag. And I like messenger type bags I have one for my laptop it's great keeps my hands-free. I just saw it and put it to you guys because of your more experience. But I am a little scared of my neighbors seeing a gun case and causing me issues.

If it where to become an issue they have some cheap pelican copy at harbor freight that I could use instead

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I said the same thing.......:innocent0
    Technically I would, but my current home is really small I really have no space for all that equipment. I also hear that it's not worth it at this current time because ammo prices are so low. That's just what I hear not saying is true or not.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I don't have any issues with using the case to just transport the gun for this or that. But for carrying multiple things like going to the range I wanted one bag. And I like messenger type bags I have one for my laptop it's great keeps my hands-free. I just saw it and put it to you guys because of your more experience. But I am a little scared of my neighbors seeing a gun case and causing me issues.

90% of people don't even know what a gun case is or looks like. If you have that kind of fear of your neighbors, man up and carry it around with an ammo can, or toss the case from S&W into a backpack.

Personally I don't give a damn about my neighbors and their feelings about a right. They are adults and they will get over it, or they won't. It isn't your problem to be thinking of them and the possible issues they can cause, which forces you to walk on eggshells.

Man up and let it rip. Mow the lawn while open carrying if you want to. It's legal in MD, as long as you stay on your property. Let them call the cops and get sorted out by the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom