• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I stared at my first, a Beretta 92FS in Inox tonight and thought, "I could trade it for that S&W 686 I want."
    Nope, gonna add!
    If my plastic gun weren't so new I could probably trade it though...
    Something about metal

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Keep the Glock. There's no real issue with it & you will lose a little on any sale or trade.

The Glock was my first pistol; a revolver was second, but it wasn't one of those fancy double action ones.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) Never dispose (sell, trade, swap, etc) of any firearm. You will regret it.

2) When in doubt, see rule 1.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Let me help you, oh and BTW I have plenty more then pictured

IMG_20130612_130352_zps6ec3db44.jpg

Nice flat gate Ruger!

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    My 2 cents is that it will be the mags that become valuable in MD after the first of October .If you turn the way back machine back to 1994 they started disparaging to just now being replaced . Revolvers were still available with original capacity well thru the Clinton AWB. Mags were going for $100 plus until things settled down .Even though this was done at the Federal level I could see prices go that high with the current hysteria . Hold on to the tupperware and stock up on mags now . Sell your mags and keep both .

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    My 2 cents is that it will be the mags that become valuable in MD after the first of October.

Don't see that happening at all, because

1) market price won't shoot up in MD because there will be no market, can't buy/sell/transfer mags > 10 rounds here after 1 Oct.

2) drive in any direction and there are standard* capacity mags available.

However, price may increase slightly near the borders with MD, because of demand, and some shops located there will price items according to that demand.

*yes, standard is the correct word here. > 10 does not mean hi-cap mags, unless you are talking drums or beta mags.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Tupperware's got no soul.

Agreed. Steel guns have much more cool factor. At a BBQ.

Set her free, if she comes back, it's meant to be.:D

Yep, that's the only way to know for sure how deep the love is. :)

I regret more the guns I sold than the one~ I own.

Don't see that happening at all, because

1) market price won't shoot up in MD because there will be no market, can't buy/sell/transfer mags > 10 rounds here after 1 Oct.....

Interesting point. I'll generally agree. Except on the street (where criminals get their guns) the prices should be about the same as they are in any free state in America (anywhere outside of Marylanistan).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    So I've gotten my Glock 21. I want a .357 revolver for fun. But the G21 is my first handgun and I usually try and keep my "first" of anything really. I've got my G22 set up for HD so that's really my primary use handgun. Should I trade it in towards a good .357 or keep it? Honestly I've got no emotional attachment to it it's just my first handgun. To me it's a soulless piece of plastic. So should I trade it in or keep it?

Your first job you'll definitely leave.

Your first car will definitely leave you.

Your first wife might sometimes need to go also.

But your first HANDGUN?

Hell man, that's forever! ;)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Rule 1 goes out the window if you bought something you later wish you didn't. Been there. Done that. Selling it was and remains a big relief.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    " To me it's a soulless piece of plastic. So should I trade it in or keep it?"

I think you answered your question. If you mean soulless as in no 'connectionn to it, then it is collateral in your safe - nothing more. If it was bought with your money, no heirloom or sentmental connection then you won't miss it much.

Sometimes the first of something is getting your feet wet. Something later gets you swimming.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    mopar92, some food for thought. I've been looking for a nice Ruger Security Six .357 for years. Nearly all I come across in person are well past their prime. By pure luck, I walked into my LGS yesterday for grins and sitting there in the case on consignment for a good price is a 4" Security Six that looks almost new and appears to have been fired little if any. I pounced on it instantly. That's the kind of gun to hang onto. A gun you really want to own. In contrast, a gun you care nothing about is one to sell to somebody who wants it, so you can get something you'd rather own. Life is short. Do what makes you happiest. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Keep it Mopes. Almost every handgun I have sold, due to need for money, to get something else, whatever, I have regretted. You may not shoot it a lot now, but later, you never know.

If looking at .357's, try to handle a Model 19 S & W Combat Magnum. They do not make they anymore but, every once in awhile you can find one with very few, if almost no rounds through them, a safe queen. I have a preference for S & W's but there are many nice one's out there. But, there is something special about the Model 19, it just feels and shoots great!!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Rule 1 goes out the window if you bought something you later wish you didn't. Been there. Done that. Selling it was and remains a big relief.

Must have been an impulse buy. :)

Only handgun sold, was my first 1911 to my Dad, to buy a Gold Cup.

So, eventually, I will get the 1911 back. So it was not sold, just a long term rental. :)

Raylan Givens carrys a Glock 21 so that's good enough reason for me to keep it. Now if I found the right Colt Python (with a short barrel) at the right price I'd sell the 21 to get the Python no doubt about it. But then again I don't believe in Unicorns so I don't see a Python heading my way anytime soon. I say keep the Glock.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I probably wouldn't sell the Glock unless I was out of storage space for it.

The only handgun I've ever sold was my M&P9 because my disdain for it grew every time I decided to "give it another chance".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom