Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Funny you you think someone who's parents fled a country destroyed by communists would want something completely different politically than the oppression his parents fled.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Brochin voted for it. Scumbag.

raw

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Link?
    I want to know what republicans voted for it. They deserve to be outted for the traitors they are.

This bill proposal is what happens in a Soviet style one-party state, where the Democraps set a trap to get Republicans to vote against the Dems, only to have a Democrat challenger make a campaign commercial that the Republican in the race is for MASS KILLER BUMP STOCKS.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    There's some wowzers in that text. They just stuck their junk in a light socket. Not going to go into it here.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So what’s left , senate vote? Then off for Hogan’s signature??

Sorry , having trouble remembering

The Senate crossfile, SB707, is in flight and expected to be voted on tomorrow on Second Reader and then either Saturday or Monday for Third Reader (final passage before crossing over to the House for consideration).

The House Bill will now cross the street for consideration in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

If the two bills are in different postures, each side will need to consider what to do and likely appoint a "conference committee" to come up with a bill both houses can agree upon. That committee may make changes, up to and including, a complete rewrite of the bill in question.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The Senate crossfile, SB707, is in flight and expected to be voted on tomorrow on Second Reader and then either Saturday or Monday for Third Reader (final passage before crossing over to the House for consideration).

The House Bill will now cross the street for consideration in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

If the two bills are in different postures, each side will need to consider what to do and likely appoint a "conference committee" to come up with a bill both houses can agree upon. That committee may make changes, up to and including, a complete rewrite of the bill in question.

Thank you

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It isn't up yet. Pretty sure I've got some very choice words for at least two of my delegates tomorrow morning...

I have two Republican delegates in my district and odds are they voted for this. They probably won't care what I have to say but they're going to get an email from me anyway.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    yep, 128-7 is about what I expected.

Lots of Republicans voted for this in part to give Hogan cover (who will sign it). Also, machine guns and their ilk are hard to defend when most people think machines guns have been banned since 1986. And Trey Gowdy and John Cornyn (Texas) say so on tv.

It was a supreme tactical error IMO for Dems to send up the HPRB bill. Hogan can veto that, and sign this. Dems will be left with an argument about process on the HPRB, which most people tune out. People will be left with the impression "Hogan took concrete action and Dems argue about process." HPRB was more about grandstanding for the primary anyway.

Thankfully, if you lawfully own it before Oct 1 2018 you can continue to lawfully own it.

get em while they are hot. Nothing sells guns like an imminent ban. Mike and Mike must be getting kickbacks from Franklin Armory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom