• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    A few watches I have picked up in the last few weeks.

66220807_10161885720425585_7064230108151676928_n.jpg

65896148_10161875704730585_8140495586215329792_n.jpg

66393047_10161865399290585_350950960396238848_n.jpg

65419087_10161843639410585_7316548149617623040_n.jpg

Nice pickups!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm torn. I have several Citizens and have been looking at getting a nice automatic the last few weeks. I like the Air King posted earlier, but not sure I want to dive in at that level. I'm currently strongly considering a Breitling Superocean II 44 with a black dial as my first step. It's grey market (Jomashop) and I'm comfortable with that. I've purchased from them before (my Citizen Promaster Altichron) and had a good experience. The other watch I'm considering is a Tag Heuer Formula 1 Automatic - yeah I know, I know Tag sucks...but I really like the style and the price is easy to swallow.

Any thoughts on the Breitling?

I should also add that this will go into my EDC rotation.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Jumping, diving, running and just plain beating up. Gshock has been the best. I'm on my third or fourth ATM. I dont wear them unless I'm doing an activity as I find watches to be redundant in 2019 with car clocks, phones and computers always in front of us and when working my shirt cuff gets caught on a watch, so I go without. But when I have one on its always my gshock. Great watches.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I'm torn. I have several Citizens and have been looking at getting a nice automatic the last few weeks. I like the Air King posted earlier, but not sure I want to dive in at that level. I'm currently strongly considering a Breitling Superocean II 44 with a black dial as my first step. It's grey market (Jomashop) and I'm comfortable with that. I've purchased from them before (my Citizen Promaster Altichron) and had a good experience. The other watch I'm considering is a Tag Heuer Formula 1 Automatic - yeah I know, I know Tag sucks...but I really like the style and the price is easy to swallow.

Just my two cents. Go all the way with the Air King. You get the Rolex reliability, a cool looking watch, and all the features of the Milgauss at a lesser price. Is it expensive? Sure. The watch will outlive you.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Always neat watches in this thread but until I retire it's pretty much IronMan or G-Shock for me because sure as sh!t the first time I wore a nice one on duty somebody would want to fight and the watch would get destroyed.

My Rolex Submariner has not been babied. I beat the crap out of it. After 20 years the mainspring broke, but with a service the cost isn’t bad. I even let my teenage son wear it sometimes.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My Rolex Submariner has not been babied. I beat the crap out of it. After 20 years the mainspring broke, but with a service the cost isn’t bad. I even let my teenage son wear it sometimes.

How often do they need to be serviced and average cost?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've been a little under 9 years on my Sub (14060).

I'll probably send it to RSC this fall, hasn't given me a single seconds issue so far. I'll be sending it with a "no polish" request. I've used a Cape Cod cloth TWICE since I've owned it......

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

My buddy who’s a big watch collector likes his Breitlings more than his Rolexes. He says they keep better time. He should know, he’s got a bunch of both. And a bunch of other brands too. I wish I had his problems deciding which watch to wear. Or which gun to shoot. SMH

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone who is just getting in to the market or trying to talk themselves out of a Rolex should spend some time over on the Rolex Forum. I look at the classifieds, "who's who" and the "watch out!" threads pretty much daily. It's an unbelievable resource. Some of the older Air King models can be very affordable.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Here's my new Hamilton Khaki automatic (42mm). My dang BIL got me interested in mechanical watches. My first was a Fossil Automatic with a Japanese movement and a skeleton face. It's a little dressy looking for every day and it wasn't long before I was looking to "upgrade" to a more casual every day watch. I like the Hamilton story and history, and really like the look of the field watches.

With the prices of some of the watches I'm getting interested in I'm starting to think I should save money and buy more guns!

Attachments

• Hammy.jpg
      Hammy.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 415
    • Hammy_back.jpg
      Hammy_back.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 429

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Here's my new Hamilton Khaki automatic (42mm). My dang BIL got me interested in mechanical watches. My first was a Fossil Automatic with a Japanese movement and a skeleton face. It's a little dressy looking for every day and it wasn't long before I was looking to "upgrade" to a more casual every day watch. I like the Hamilton story and history, and really like the look of the field watches.

With the prices of some of the watches I'm getting interested in I'm starting to think I should save money and buy more guns!

Hamiltons are probably my favorites. I have seven. This has been my EDC for the last few weeks
    3404661083e5e8226867c44fd6e3d684.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Hey all, need some help with this.

I got this watch from my mom after my dad passed. She said my dad wore it everyday before I was born. I am guessing it is over 50 years old. It is not in the best of condition and I was wondering if it was worth having professionally restored. It will not be for sale ever due to sentimental value.

Can any of you watch gurus tell me anything about it? Who made it? The model? When was it made? What it it worth?

Thanks for looking at it.

Attachments

• 20190730_114214.jpg
      20190730_114214.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 366
    • 20190730_114448.jpg
      20190730_114448.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 330
    Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hey all, need some help with this.

I got this watch from my mom after my dad passed. She said my dad wore it everyday before I was born. I am guessing it over 50 years old. It is not in the best of condition and I was wondering if it was worth having professionally restored. It will not be for sale ever due to sentimental value.

Can any of you watch gurus tell me anything about it? Who made it? The model? When was it made? What it it worth?

Thanks for looking at it.

Without knowing the brand it’s hard to say. Try Moren Watch and Clock repair in Silver Spring. 301-588-5549.
    He has thousands of parts in stock for vintage watches, might at least be worth a visit and conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Gents,

My first auto and only Swiss was stolen earlier this month in Harford county.
    Certina DS Action Diver with blue face and red seconds hand on a stainless steel bracelet.
    There's a police report already but it's a pretty uncommon watch and the bright blue face is pretty recognizable. Also my knife, a Spyderco C223GP.
    Let me know if you guys see it around...
    02f6a0641a1d5cfe7c8c1801e337be4d.jpg
    3b8922ffb68129d7a8c2e9b9bc463ef5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    The original smart watch. 5 multi function alarms. 25 Page Databank for phone numbers. Calculator. World Time. Currency conversion. Tip calculator. 13 languages!

Attachments

• 20190730_195404.jpg
      20190730_195404.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 314
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude