Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 8th, 2021, 04:40 PM #1

Bad trouble with neighbor brewing..

I recently bought a house in south AA County. Unfortunately, I have a crazy neighbor. A really, bad, crazy neighbor. He is in his mid 60's. I know for a fact he has been committed to mental institutions. He was in jail for trying to kill his son. His son and all the neighbors warned me to stay away from him. He has a drug history. He had to surrender firearms (thankfully.?). He lives in this old nasty Winnebago like a crackhead or meth-head. He has told me he worked for DEA, he was a border patrol agent, ran his own power company, and generally talks pure BS when I see him. He is always going on about some lawsuit against the county, how everyone in town is racist, how the neighbor (who is a nice gentleman) has a "hangin tree" behind his house and burns crosses and all this other nonsense.. He has no running water, no septic tank .. He comes around and is a total creep. I caught him looking in my house the other day when I was out letting the chickens out (was around 7 or 7:30 AM). He claimed he was just coming to say knock on the door and say hi.

Here is the worst part. He used to own my house and was foreclosed on about 6 years ago or so. Before he was foreclosed on, he cut the property in half and kept the other half, separated by a creek that is too deep to walk across easily and way to wide to jump. The other day he sent me some screenshots of the county website saying he actually owned a portion of my side of the creek. I told him I would get back to him. According to my deed I have 12.4x acres. According to the screenshot he sent me, it says 11.xx acres. This I need to get resolved.
I have a cellular trail camera up on the end of my property, which is not pointing towards his end, I saw him on camera walking around today. This means he drove on to my property while I was at work and was walking around.

I am now looking for suggestions how to handle this situation.

I have a life. This guy does not. He is the type of guy who will sit on his side of the property and have nothing to do except stew and generally be crazy, who knows what he could or would do.

I am reaching out to a few companies to get a formal survey done. I already started to talk to my girlfriend and make sure anytime he did something or came around we texted each other about it so at least we have SOMETHING in writing.

I also may go get more trail cameras and hide them strategically.

I did NOT want to get a ring or any other WIFI connected security system (I do not trust big tech...) but I am thinking maybe I need to weigh the pros and cons and get one.

Any general advice? I do not want this situation to blow up but this dude is off his rocker crazy and maybe dangerous.
TAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:42 PM #2

Got some big mean dogs? Sounds like a horrible situation to be in. Especially since he used to own the house.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Such as were inclined to defend themselves, but unable to purchase Arms and Ammunition, have, as we are informed, been supplied with both, as far as Arms could be procured, out of Monies given by the last Assembly for the Kingís Use..."
- Benjamin Franklin
budman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:44 PM #3

Can't offer much more than STAY STRAPPED.

NRA - Endowment-Life Member
MSI Executive Member
MD Designated Collector
SOTAR Alumnus

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:46 PM #4

See if he'd like to move into a nice townhouse in Westminster with a random group of fun folks?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthrea...89#post5946489
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:48 PM #5
Scribe

Scribe

Post no tresspassing signs everywhere. Get some recordable video camera's outside of your home. When he tresspasses contact the police and have him tresspassed from your property. Then get a restraining order. Oh, and build a fence to keep him out. Make sure it is on your property line.
Matlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:48 PM #6

Can I assumed that after you took possession of the house you changed all of the locks on the property so he does not have an extra key to your home/outdoor structures etc.
cms1528 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:51 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlack View Post
Post no tresspassing signs everywhere. Get some recordable video camera's outside of your home. When he tresspasses contact the police and have him tresspassed from your property. Then get a restraining order. Oh, and build a fence to keep him out. Make sure it is on your property line.
12+ acres is a lot to fence.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Such as were inclined to defend themselves, but unable to purchase Arms and Ammunition, have, as we are informed, been supplied with both, as far as Arms could be procured, out of Monies given by the last Assembly for the Kingís Use..."
- Benjamin Franklin
budman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:59 PM #8
21st Century Hoplite

21st Century Hoplite

This is touchy. You can't easily ignore him, or avoid him. You sure don't want to encourage him. How do you make him keep his distance...he wouldn't want to deal with you if somehow he thought you were crazier than he was. Good luck.
Bikebreath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 05:02 PM #9
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
I did NOT want to get a ring or any other WIFI connected security system (I do not trust big tech...) but I am thinking maybe I need to weigh the pros and cons and get one.
Right now I'd trust a camera a lot more than I'd trust that guy. Is it even legal for him to permanently camp on his own property without water and sewer? I'm pretty much of the mind people should be able to do what they want on their own property but I'm sure AA County doesn't see it that way.
Good luck.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 05:10 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAstro View Post

Any general advice? I do not want this situation to blow up but this dude is off his rocker crazy and maybe dangerous.
I'm not a fan of big tech either but these systems work really well. Inside? I get it, no cameras in my house but outdoors, that's a different story.

I use Blink and I'll tell you that they work extremely well. The batteries in my high traffic wireless camera lasted 8 months. They can be wired of course and have withstood all kinds of storms, rain, snow and heat...no problem.

The instant notifications and ability to save video on my phone is a no brainer. You'll sleep better with those instant notifications. Again...it's outside. If someone wants to hack my cameras to watch the outside of house have at it.
omegared24 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland