Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2013, 10:23 PM #61
BradMacc82 BradMacc82 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,986
BradMacc82 BradMacc82 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaZ87 View Post
I would but it's already somewhere else. Plus my LGS said since it was consignment the original owner would have to pay all the repair costs since they gave them a faulty rifle to sell so I would have no out of pocket expense. Guess that's one good thing..
Yeah that is one positive going for you at this point, hopefully they don't try to make you eat the bill (or a portion of it) later on down the road.

*This is also a good time to say to all the people of MDS (not directed at the OP in any way), when a person as knowledgeable and skilled as Chad makes an offer to get your stuff up and running - make the time and drive to let him do it. The guys like Yoda in a gunsmith apron when it comes to this stuff.

And yes, I've gladly made a 140+ mile drive just to get Chad to work on some of my stuff when the offer was presented to me - it was worth every penny of fuel consumed.
BradMacc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:24 PM #62
ObsceneJesster's Avatar
ObsceneJesster ObsceneJesster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,933
ObsceneJesster ObsceneJesster is offline
Senior Member
ObsceneJesster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMacc82 View Post
Yeah that is one positive going for you at this point, hopefully they don't try to make you eat the bill (or a portion of it) later on down the road.

*This is also a good time to say to all the people of MDS (not directed at the OP in any way), when a person as knowledgeable and skilled as Chad makes an offer to get your stuff up and running - make the time and drive to let him do it. The guys like Yoda in a gunsmith apron when it comes to this stuff.

And yes, I've gladly made a 140+ mile drive just to get Chad to work on some of my stuff when the offer was presented to me - it was worth every penny of fuel consumed.
Damn. And I thought my 30 mile drive was far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
ObsceneJesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM #63
BradMacc82 BradMacc82 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,986
BradMacc82 BradMacc82 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsceneJesster View Post
Damn. And I thought my 30 mile drive was far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
70+ miles each way. Country living has some trade-offs.

It's easier during the week since I work about 10 minutes away (depending on traffic conditions).
BradMacc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM #64
omegaZ87's Avatar
omegaZ87 omegaZ87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 52
omegaZ87 omegaZ87 is offline
Junior Member
omegaZ87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMacc82 View Post
Yeah that is one positive going for you at this point, hopefully they don't try to make you eat the bill (or a portion of it) later on down the road.

*This is also a good time to say to all the people of MDS (not directed at the OP in any way), when a person as knowledgeable and skilled as Chad makes an offer to get your stuff up and running - make the time and drive to let him do it. The guys like Yoda in a gunsmith apron when it comes to this stuff.

And yes, I've gladly made a 140+ mile drive just to get Chad to work on some of my stuff when the offer was presented to me - it was worth every penny of fuel consumed.
Lesson Learned!
omegaZ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:34 PM #65
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,867
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,867
Images: 27
Never heard of someone having to compensate you on a consignment, most are "as is" unless it was explicitely represented as functioning by the owner with some written guarantee to that affect.

By the way Chad is awesome, he does fantastic work and backs it up.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:07 PM #66
omegaZ87's Avatar
omegaZ87 omegaZ87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 52
omegaZ87 omegaZ87 is offline
Junior Member
omegaZ87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Never heard of someone having to compensate you on a consignment, most are "as is" unless it was explicitely represented as functioning by the owner with some written guarantee to that affect.

By the way Chad is awesome, he does fantastic work and backs it up.
I guess the LGS I go to makes the person putting a gun on consignment agree that he will pay for repairs if the firearm does not function upon purchase. No one wants to buy a broken gun.
omegaZ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM #67
Dogabutila Dogabutila is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,265
Send a message via AIM to Dogabutila Send a message via Skype™ to Dogabutila
Dogabutila Dogabutila is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,265
Send a message via AIM to Dogabutila Send a message via Skype™ to Dogabutila
+1 to chad being awesome. Even if he hates libertarians.
Dogabutila is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles

Tags
ak47, ak74, assault, wasr, wasr10


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service