• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    If you use it, you have broken the law if you have not paid the stamp.
    That goes for any Suppressor you build w/o following the rules and paying the stamp.

If your caught w/ the adapter, a threaded gun and a filter, you MAY be up for prosecution.

You are allowed to build your own suppressor AFTER you pay the stamp, thus parts to build your own suppressor are out there. Just like parts for you to legally build your own firearm are out there. You just have to follow the laws (ie, don't brake the laws)

Thanks for the info. I'm just curious. Hard to imagine anybody would actually use one of the things. Or maybe, "Here, hold my beer while I screw this Fram filter onto my gun."

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thanks for the info. I'm just curious. Hard to imagine anybody would actually use one of the things. Or maybe, "Here, hold my beer while I screw this Fram filter onto my gun."

Search on YouTube for "oil can suppressor". No shortage of videos.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

If it were legal it would make a million times more sense for .22 considering you'd never have to clean it, just get a new filter.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I just watched Hickock45's YouTube video with a big Fram. Very cool, and he did eventually emphasize the tax stamp requirement. Looks goofy, but seems to work. I'll stick to traditional cans, though. :D

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The filter can be used as a "solvent trap" for cleaning. I would not want to be found with one with a hole in the end. That being said, not a bad idea to have around for a SHTF/ zombie apocalypse/ WROL situation. There's also the matter of sight obstruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom