• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    Blems all gone. Nice to see their prices are coming back down. Both stripped lowers and uppers non-blemished are in stock.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I bought one of the lowers ( blemished ) and could not find fault with it. Seriously considering getting another, so have no doubts about buying from these guys.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Missed. I've been waiting on one to go with an Aero lower of mine. It's true that nobody seems to be able to find an obvious defect with the lowers. However, if you read the list on the uppers it says possible forging defects. That is not listed on the blem lowers. I don't see them selling a lower with forging/milling defects due to them being reg. and the ffl/transfer but a upper that is an easily bought/replaced part? Just something to think about. I'm still getting one if I catch them in stock.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    However, if you read the list on the uppers it says possible forging defects. That is not listed on the blem lowers. I don't see them selling a lower with forging/milling defects due to them being reg. and the ffl/transfer but a upper that is an easily bought/replaced part?

AKAIK, forging issues would only appear on an exterior surface... minor cosmetic issues, not something that would affect fit, function, or integrity of the metal. The interior is milled after casting so shouldn't have any irregularities.

Wish they had a "alert when back in stock" feature.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    AKAIK, forging issues would only appear on an exterior surface... minor cosmetic issues, not something that would affect fit, function, or integrity of the metal. The interior is milled after casting so shouldn't have any irregularities.

My point was that there maybe bigger much more obvious defects since uppers are just an easily bought part. Since lowers are a regulated part they may sell only minor defects since no one is going to want to jump through whoops to transfer a lower that may have functionality issues. I just think some might be a little more banged up then the blem lowers. Again, I'm still getting one when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom