• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Picked up a Boctok Amphibya scubadude. Love this thing. Built like a tank.

Vostok_Amphibia_710634BN_2.jpg

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    They have to do a Complete service. There was glass inside the case, so they have to make sure the movement is cleaned, as well as check for other damage. Hopefully, when I get it back, it'll look new again.

It is a Rolex no doubt. Definitely want to make sure it's perfect.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What I've been wearing lately. Crappy cell phone pic doesn't do it justice but probably my favorite. They don't make these anymore. Movado Kingmatic Chronograph. Valjoux 7750 chrono automatic movement. I replaced the factory leather band with a NATO strap.

Attachments

• km2.jpg
      km2.jpg
      108.2 KB · Views: 404

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    A leather-strapped marathon JSAR is pretty hot.
    jsar3.jpg

I bought a Marathon GSAR ($800) last year but when I got it I was shocked at how small it was. I had to send it back sadly. Love the look of the Marathons though.

I've culled the collection down to 5 watches (3 automatics and 2 quartz) and am happy with that:

Reactor Gamma Ti-Everyday Quartz, has tritium vials and lume
    Sinn U1-T Fully Tegimented on Bracelet
    Sinn 857 UTC TESTAF Tegimented on Bracelet
    G-Shock Rangeman
    Tissot Luxury Automatic

Finally picked up a watch winder which makes things so much easier living with autos.

GRUMPYCAT

2A IS BEST A
    Nov 10, 2016
    I bought a Marathon GSAR ($800) last year but when I got it I was shocked at how small it was. I had to send it back sadly. Love the look of the Marathons though.

I've culled the collection down to 5 watches (3 automatics and 2 quartz) and am happy with that:

Reactor Gamma Ti-Everyday Quartz, has tritium vials and lume
    Sinn U1-T Fully Tegimented on Bracelet
    Sinn 857 UTC TESTAF Tegimented on Bracelet
    G-Shock Rangeman
    Tissot Luxury Automatic

Finally picked up a watch winder which makes things so much easier living with autos.

Well damn. The pictures make em out to be a relatively large watch. But maybe that is subjective. My dad has a few invicta watches that IMO are overly huge.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    What I've been wearing lately. Crappy cell phone pic doesn't do it justice but probably my favorite. They don't make these anymore. Movado Kingmatic Chronograph. Valjoux 7750 chrono automatic movement. I replaced the factory leather band with a NATO strap.
    I dig your strap Zoo!

I've been wearing this a lot lately.

fb91c30dec7a41e9162257ab82ccdd79.jpg

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Well damn. The pictures make em out to be a relatively large watch. But maybe that is subjective. My dad has a few invicta watches that IMO are overly huge.

Gsar is the 42 size watch, Jsar is the 48-50 sized watch. The JSAR and JDD are also 17mm thick if memory serves. They are Massive

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Some Invictas are and some aren't. They are often associated with being too big and flashy. I don't like the gaudy ones either. But they do a lot of more "normal" watches as well, and tend to do them well at a low price point for what they are.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Thanks. Can't beat a Seiko 21J! I have a couple. There's a shop out in Cali that mods up used ones with new dials, bezels, etc and sells them. Got one from them. What a cool watch.

That's where i got mine. They import used ones from the Philippines and mod them stateside.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My first ever automatic is a Seiko 5 Sport, olive drab. I really like the size of the watch and I think it looks nicer than my Casio without looking formal.

Attachments

• 1112161815a.jpg
      1112161815a.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 297

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Here's a blast from the past. This one will go nicely with your British Knights tennis shoes and UB40 cassettes. :) Tag Heuer 4000 auto from the first couple of years they made them. Model number dates it to 1990-1992. Runs perfectly after being serviced.

Attachments

• heuer 4000.jpg
      heuer 4000.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 586

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Not my everyday, but my TAG Heuer is in the rotation. Mine goes well with Lacoste shirts and Adidas Stan Smiths.

e7775a5c9f48dc8efad47a7daa9ee330.jpg

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom