• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Got the stamp back today for my SLR107CR SBR.
    Form 4 Individual

Check Cashed: 07/28/19
    Stamp Recieved: 10/12/19
    74 Days

Pleasantly suprised since I was told the current wait time was over a year.

NFA branch told you that or someone you know?

jmike3543

Sep 10, 2018
    NFA branch told you that or someone you know?

Wait times were up at about 300+ days not too long ago for Individual Form 4's. When I was filling out my paperwork the wait time was about 260 days. And talking to shop staff they said I should expect that wait time

See attached
    UWfTlDP

https://imgur.com/a/UWfTlDP

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Looks like i’m in the 4 month club too. I just wish Engage wouldnt have called me on a Saturday to tell me. Sunday and Monday seem just as long as the last 4 months now that I know its ready.:lol2:

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Filled out the forms for Form 4 individual late July 2019, check cleared August 2, 2019. Approved and picked up Monday October 14, 2019. Worked out to just under two and a half months.

Thanks John, always good to do business with.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Filled out the forms for Form 4 individual late July 2019, check cleared August 2, 2019. Approved and picked up Monday October 14, 2019. Worked out to just under two and a half months.

Thanks John, always good to do business with.

wow this is the best time frame ive seen so far. they must have hired quite a few new folks to clean up the back log.

I wonder why they didn't start with the folks with older paper work though.

let alone form 4 trusts. ive only been seeing individual paper work coming back.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    so take this for what it is worth but in the form 4 wait time thread over on Snipers Hide, a user called up the ATF to check on their paperwork. They were told still pending and the user actually asked the lady on the phone why some from June and July are getting picked up so fast. After some hesitation she admitted that when they hired on the new staff they had them work on the newest paperwork first so that the appearance of overall wait time diminished. see for yourself. Its post #5378 from a user named GTSCOTTY

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/form-4-wait-time.14632/page-108#post-8022231

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    so take this for what it is worth but in the form 4 wait time thread over on Snipers Hide, a user called up the ATF to check on their paperwork. They were told still pending and the user actually asked the lady on the phone why some from June and July are getting picked up so fast. After some hesitation she admitted that when they hired on the new staff they had them work on the newest paperwork first so that the appearance of overall wait time diminished. see for yourself. Its post #5378 from a user named GTSCOTTY

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/form-4-wait-time.14632/page-108#post-8022231

they are making it sound like trusts with more than one party take longer vs a trust with just 1 person on it. interesting considering once paperwork is in someones lap, it takes a mear few days to approve, yet getting to someones lap takes months.

I wonder if we will start seeing single person trust form 4's coming back faster compared to individual non trust apps?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    they are making it sound like trusts with more than one party take longer vs a trust with just 1 person on it. interesting considering once paperwork is in someones lap, it takes a mear few days to approve, yet getting to someones lap takes months.

I wonder if we will start seeing single person trust form 4's coming back faster compared to individual non trust apps?

Who knows. I can hope. I am a single person trust mid August...all this individual form 4 stuff starting to get cleared not too far from when I submitted my stuff is getting me unrealistically excited I might get my first can in the next few weeks.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Who knows. I can hope. I am a single person trust mid August...all this individual form 4 stuff starting to get cleared not too far from when I submitted my stuff is getting me unrealistically excited I might get my first can in the next few weeks.

id try to contain the excitement if I were you. I had to calm myself down as well lol.

I completed paper work memorial day weekend, likely received by the atf somewhere around the 1st week of june assuming continental mailed it out in a timely fashion. Im actually hoping it took them a bit longer into june after seeing this LOL.

form 4 trust with just me.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    from my reading of the other thread, it seems like more form 4 individuals are coming back in the june / july window vs the trusts. there is no rhyme or reason. just pisses me off that they are only doing this to lower their numbers and look better for the reports. not to try and clear the backlog of this freaking infringement...

i was doing really good until i started seeing people posting about getting their stamps back from early to mid february time line. my first can was submitted then and i had pretty much given up. now every time my phone rings i'm hoping its the good news.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    from my reading of the other thread, it seems like more form 4 individuals are coming back in the june / july window vs the trusts. there is no rhyme or reason. just pisses me off that they are only doing this to lower their numbers and look better for the reports. not to try and clear the backlog of this freaking infringement...

i was doing really good until i started seeing people posting about getting their stamps back from early to mid february time line. my first can was submitted then and i had pretty much given up. now every time my phone rings i'm hoping its the good news.

I submitted January and was still pending last week on an individual form 4. We're justifiably pissed off that people from June-July-August have approvals.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am at waiting on an individual form 4 from Black Friday, check cashed early mid December, the atf is all kinds of screwed up

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am waiting fora single person trust from Dec as well.

Kinda make me jealous of the couple of months club going on here lol

I just have to remember envy is one of the seven deadly sins, lol, or I should just go do another can or sbr and join the couple of months club!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom