• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    I'm a fairly young, black dude living on the west side of Baltimore Co. and working and shooting on the east side. I generally joined the board to ask and answer a ton of questions, talk about the ridiculousness of MD's gun laws, and reap the wisdom of more experienced owners and shooters. I thank the modmins for allowing me into this community.

I have a few questions to start with, for anyone sho stops by and feels so inclined to answer:

*How can I find public, outdoor ranges in MD? It seems like everything requires you to join a club.

*Could I buy from CMP without a club? If not, which club should I join?

*Any neat places to learn hunting and tracking in MD?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hey Teapot , welcome to the forum . I am not real sure what you said about a CMP without a club but i am not the sharpest pencil in the cigar box .

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Welcome.

How far can youy travel.

I first shot here at Hap baker. No club.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Welcome aboard!

The National Sport Shooting Foundation has a list of ranges and an app that shows you the ranges closest to you
    https://www.wheretoshoot.org/

Elk Neck is an entirely public range and it's $10 for the day up there in North East
    http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/publiclands/central_elkneckforest.aspx

Otherwise, there are a few indoor ranges around: Freestate in White Marsh, On Target in Severn, Continental in Timonium, Horst & McCann up near Bel Air.

CMP does require you to be the member of a club.
    The Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore are a partner of the forum and they're made up of a ton of clubs and have a great range:
    https://associatedgunclubs.org/

I'm not the hunting type, but I'm sure others will chime in.

A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    Welcome.

Where do you shoot?

Primarily Continental Arms since it's a 5 minute drive from where I work and FreeState. I'm looking for outdoor ranges because I'm just getting into milsurp, meaning a lot of 30 caliber guns that I can't shoot all the time, or at all, on indoor ranges.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Welcome to the board!

Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore is a good place. Large outdoor facility with over 20 clubs to choose from including one that shoots full auto (No you do not need to own a full auto to shoot with the club) and there are clubs of all kinds of interests you can join. Yearly fee only. No fee to shoot on a regular basis. Off of Marriotsville Rd. PM me if you want more info.

For no membership the only place I know of is Heritage gun range in Frederick.

Dave

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    In addition to access to AGC facilities, club membership often offers some other desirable benefits. You might want to check out some of them before dismissing them.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Welcome. If you really want to do something about Maryland's stupid gun laws, get involved in the fight for our 2A rights. Keep an eye on the MD 2A forum here, join Maryland Shall Issue, and call, write, and visit your state representatives.

If you care to meet some like minded folks, until April 9th, we meet at mission barbecue (subject to change) at the waterfront in annapolis, then head to lawyer's mall at 7 pm to "greet" legislators on their way to session. It's a great time.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Primarily Continental Arms since it's a 5 minute drive from where I work and FreeState. I'm looking for outdoor ranges because I'm just getting into milsurp, meaning a lot of 30 caliber guns that I can't shoot all the time, or at all, on indoor ranges.

Happy Baker is 20 mins or less from your work.
    Outdoor long guns and handgun ranges.
    Windy days are fun.

Bay1224

Jan 31, 2018
    Hello All

I'm new to this forum. I've been shooting for the last 6 years.

I am in the process of renewing my CCW. I shoot wheel guns (my favorite), semis and have a couple of long guns. I'm in the process of buying a Winchester Shockwave - any thoughts or suggestions?

Stan

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm new to this forum. I've been shooting for the last 6 years.

I am in the process of renewing my CCW. I shoot wheel guns (my favorite), semis and have a couple of long guns. I'm in the process of buying a Winchester Shockwave - any thoughts or suggestions?

Stan

Stan, please start a separate thread in Introductions, so yours doesn't get lost in the greetings of the individual who started this one. I'm guessing that you mean Mossberg Shockwave.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome back, from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Welcome aboard, Teapot!
    Hope you find a place to shoot up there. I was all against clubs too. Then I joined one out of desparation to shoot in MaryLibland. It was a good thing to do. Made new friends, shoot when I want. Win win win!!!
    It just feels odd for the first couple of times you go. Then you're one of the gang and it's all good.
    Not all clubs with AGC require work hours and big annual dues if that's what keeps you back. Please check them out.

P.S. Work hours are actually a good thing. You get to socialize and make friends with people you'd never expect to meet in the outer world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom